Sign in to follow this  
PanzerGrenadier

OMG. what do i do ?

Well this is every op flash fans NIGHTMARE.

After purchasing my new beast of a machine ready to install my beloved operation flash point and BANG 1/3 way installing.

File Read Error:

D:\Flashpoint\DTA\Data.pbo

My cd has a tiny scratch on it which must be the problem.

What am i gonna do, im not gonna have to buy the game again am i because of this little scratch which wont let me install . confused.gif?

Any help or suggestions on what to do Greatly apreciated, im sure this has happened to sumone else ??

P.S i woulda gone to the tech support area but it looks pretty dormant and only used by 1 person called suma.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dvrabel @ Feb. 16 2002,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Contact Codemasters for a replacement CD.<span id='postcolor'>

This is wrong. It's not the CD. It's your PC's ability (or lack of it) to read the CD.

As was already said, search The FAQ for "checksum". You may have your work cut out for you.

Keep us posted.

Just buy a plextor cd-rom and you'll be fine smile.gif

or some other decent brand ....sony, hitachi, aopen etc

just don't buy an Acer (ass'r) tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Feb. 16 2002,21:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just don't buy an Acer (ass'r) tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Did you know that Acer products make funny noises when they hit the ground after a free fall from fifth floor. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 16 2002,20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Contact Codemasters for a replacement CD.<span id='postcolor'>

This is wrong. It's not the CD. It's your PC's ability (or lack of it) to read the CD.

As was already said, search The FAQ for "checksum". You may have your work cut out for you.<span id='postcolor'>

I do not believe this has to be a crc error 'in se'. Cd-rom discs do get 'damaged beyond error correction' by scratches. Due to the fact the data on a cdrom is incredibly small, even a tiny scratch can mean that quite some data may be unreadable.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Feb. 16 2002,20:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just don't buy an Acer (ass'r) tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Did you know that Acer products make funny noises when they hit the ground after a free fall from fifth floor.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, now that you mentioned it. it's alot of echo like there's nothing inside the box he tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ALDEGA @ Feb. 16 2002,22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I do not believe this has to be a crc error 'in se'. Cd-rom discs do get 'damaged beyond error correction' by scratches. Due to the fact the data on a cdrom is incredibly small, even a tiny scratch can mean that quite some data may be unreadable.<span id='postcolor'>

Read-error may end in bad crc checksum.

Either the disc is damaged or you got a lousy cd-rom for reading discs

Well avon i know for a fact its not my pc's abilty, cos no doubt i have a better pc then urs, it is the scratch causing the error and i have read ur faq and it doesnt help for scratch's on the cd caused over time and extensive use.

Thanks for the reaslistic responses bar avon's.

No doubt codemasters will say you shoulda taken better care of it and no we will not replace it. So im gonna have to buy it again when it comes down in price ;\. Even though it is just a tiny lil scratch and it cant read the DTA\data.pbo file sad.gif).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PanzerGrenadier @ Feb. 17 2002,07:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks for the reaslistic responses bar avon's.

No doubt codemasters will say you shoulda taken better care of it and no we will not replace it. So im gonna have to buy it again when it comes down in price<span id='postcolor'>

Just for that, I'm not going to tell you that CM might be willing to send you a replacement CD at a reduced price.

Ooops. mad.gif

I'm sure your PC is better than mine But I'm playing OFP 1.42 and you're not. tounge.giftounge.gif