Sign in to follow this  
FetishFool

Am I the ONLY guy with a crappy computer!?!

i have:

p3 866mhz

nvidia 16mb

128mb sdram

30 gig hard drive

17" moniter

today i updated my video card from a 16 mb to a 64 geforce 3 ti500, and its awesome, i run everything on max, and i used to play at 800*600*16

@DayGlow:  You inspired me to over-clock.  But I have to buy some new fans, first.  Est cost is $40 CDN.

@John_McClane:  Your system is like a lot better than mine in every way!  The Radeon alone kills my system.  tounge.gif

I can't play OPF with everything maxed out.  Everything is sort of medium.

@Chan:  Is that $90 CDN or US?

Either way, you got a great deal.  I need to hook up 4 CDRWs soon.  So I'll need lots of juice!!!

@Kekk:  A lot of the major OPF icons used to have the grass texture problem.  They thought Desert Island was a snow island for a long time.

@SpaceAlex:  I think you need to get 512MB RDRAM for your P4.  'Just a suggestion.  Because your bus speed can go a LOT faster than 266Mhz.  DDR just doesn't cut it when it comes to a P4.

I'm an Athlon XP lover, though...  biggrin.gif

@Sir Smokes Alot:  I'm just surrounded by Athlon XPs and P4s in my neighborhood, while I'm stuck with my crappy P3, and 5400RPM Hard Drive.

Along with my crap-ass SDRAM...  sad.gif

It...  It...  It really makes a guy want to kill himself...  tounge.gif

I say bull shit!

P3 866

128MB

Geforce 2 GTS 64 DDR

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

LG CRD-8482B CD-ROM

SONY CD-R

U.S Robotics 56K Voice

I run OFP at max settings at 60 FPS all my other games too!!

I remember when the US Robotics 56K modem was considered "revolutionary!", "amazing quality!", "top quality!"... And all that. This was like 3 years ago lol

Get ADSL, or any *DSL connection.

They're completely stable, and very friendly! lol

Hahahhahaahah!!! Oh my, I sent that picture to everyone hahahah!!!

That's such an UGLY baby! hahhaa... Cuteness, Wobble. (I mean you)

LOL!

hehe,, a real whiner smile.gif

I love my little puter. Me and my old Betty have gone through allot of things. The only negative part I can find now is my 4gb hd. This is the only thing right now that really pisses me off (have to uninstall certain things to fit other things,, and then reinstall the removed stuff again,, and over and over again... in an endless cycle).

I've reached the part where my puter is so tweaked that I'm kinda satisfied with it. smile.gif

My WinXP Professional took up 5GB of my hard drive!!

lol!!!

That was after an upgrade. A clean install would probably only take up 2GB... tounge.gif

Yeah. When upgrading, winXP will save your old OS, so that you can 'revert' back to it if you would like.

smile.gif

Do you know how I can delete my old Win98SE?

I mean, Win98 is the worst OS ever. WinME is like second worst. I'll never go back to my Win98 days.

I have no idea. A friend of mine deleted his old OS, that was still on his hd after the xp upgrade,, but as I did a clean install, I haven't really looked into this.

smile.gif

Reformatting is a nightmare for me.

I either get a new HD, or save my 15GB of essential work onto CDs.

1.4@1.65 Ghz Athlon 266

Asus A7V266

FSB 300

2 ghz CPU fan cooler (lets just say it's really big)

768 megs PC 2400 (300 mhz)

340 W PS

19" monitor

Radeon 7500 (cant seem to o/c in x/p sad.gif )

SB Live 5.1

5.1 Digital Suround Sound Speakers

HD 120 gig 7200 rpm (2 60 gigs)

LG x52 CD

LG 24x10x40

2 Case Fans (in /out)

4 Hard Drive fans (2 on each)

3 Fans in one of the 5.25 bays (sucking air in)

thats 13 fans total (1 Vid, 1 cpu, 1 chipset, 1 PS ect)

I run in 1600x1200x32 in SP mode @ 44 FPS

and 1600x1200x16 in MP @ 55 FPS

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ Feb. 17 2002,00:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@SpaceAlex:  I think you need to get 512MB RDRAM for your P4.  'Just a suggestion.  Because your bus speed can go a LOT faster than 266Mhz.  DDR just doesn't cut it when it comes to a P4.

I'm an Athlon XP lover, though...  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I think my system is fast enough. I know i won't nothest any differences if i'll add RDRam.

FetishTool, I have a Swifttech MC460 heatsink on the proc to keep it cool. it stays around 40C with my o/c. It's a monster of a heatsink, all copper with a alpha fan on top. You have to bolt it to the mb b/c it weights too much to clip on the proc. It cost $120cdn ( I know I could buy a faster cpu for that, but I wanted the challange of the o/c). For the gf2mx it came with just a heatsink on the gpu. I didn't want try prying it off and putting on a aftermarket fan so I just took an old cpu fan from my 486 and bolted that directly onto the heatsink. It takes air and forces it throught the heatsink, cooling it off. I thinking of looking for some heatsinks for the memory and see if I can get it higher, but I got a new graphics card coming. Get this story: I went into a local computer store here in Calgary and ordered a GF3ti200 ($325cdn) about 3 weeks ago. They told me they could get it in a few days. About a week and a half later I checked in to see where my card was and they told me they were having trouble getting it. So they offered me a GF4 that they are getting a few weeks from now. Of course I'm all over that. A GF4 for $325? Now that's a sweet deal.

COLINMAN

Oh yeah FetishTool, if you want to get rid off the old files just go to the add/remove programs in the control panel. Now on the right hand side there should be add/remove window components. I think it's in there. My opinion is you should go with a clean install. I hear nothing but problems with upgrades, but clean always fix it. My system was screwed up intill I did a clean install. Easier for me, I have 2 drives in my computer, so all my files are on my D: drive, while windows on the C:

COLINMAN

All I have to say is Win XP sucks ass that is all

LAFF

maby you should try it.

P3 866

128MB

Geforce 2 GTS 64 DDR

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

LG CRD-8482B CD-ROM

SONY CD-R

U.S Robotics 56K Voice

I run OFP at max settings at 60 FPS all my other games too!!

can I arrange a blind date between you and reality?

i run ofp on winxp  not a crash  no nothing yet  after nearly 5 months

/me bows to bill gates  biggrin.gif

oh its on an

athlon 1.2 clocked to near 1.4

1 gig DDR ram

Ati radeon 64meg ddr

jetway ASR motherboard raided

soundblaster 128

benchmark around 2900

Yepp,, win XP is the best OS I've ever had. No crashes, no fubar thingys. If a person sayes it "sucks", I'm pretty sure that person haven't tested win Xp.

If you've ones tested XP, you'll never want to go back smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snake1999 @ Feb. 18 2002,15:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yepp,, win XP is the best OS I've ever had. No crashes, no fubar thingys.<span id='postcolor'>

I've had a few crashes and a couple of times I've had to use the System Restore function. smile.gif

But I'm a little bit special with my twiddle fingers and I'm able to crash a simple calculator. tounge.gif

Yeah,, but as you say, when it does occur, there's an easy function to bring your puter back to life smile.gif