Sign in to follow this  
dznemesis

need help for a TRUE strategy mode in ArmA

i have now added more types to choose from, currently working on all the descriptions and pictures, then actions (disembark, ambush, plant mines) will get into the game.

if a mod reads this, please move (as stated in the previous post of mine)

descriptions, pictures etc. working

also created a multiplayer beta for coop play

I am occupied somehow at the moment with my diploma thesis, only minor improvements across the board.

i might release a new mission in the next days to play around

I think the only thing this is missing is being able to actually move around as a unit in the game. The added concern for your own well-being, and having to set-up/relocate/defend your HQ adds a whole new aspect to the strategy part.

Even just giving the player a shitty gun and a Humvee would suffice.

just must to say i like the colors and stuff on the interface. Lovely.

@Kiwisdofly:

I am aware of this, i will add a rifle to the weapons pool of the commander. The handgun will be replaced by a signal gun, with lots of backup ammo in the HQ - this is for exciting night fights, where you have to employ flares instead of night vision goggles.

The mobile HQ will remain the same though, especially in player vs. player fights, it is the commanders choice: stay in hq hidden off battlefield or leave hq on foot but be slow and vulnerable to gunfire.

I myself often drive the HQ to an obstacle, disembark, run 10m and use my binoculars to get an impression on the course of the battle. So a com needs to find his way to a spot where he has a good overview. It is unlikely that the enemy will flank with an AT team, because they are very vulnerable, slow and it is one unit that will be missing in the battle because maximum squad count is 8 - still, it is an alternative tactic that may have its benefits.

@GranQ: the interface colors are due to Dr_Eyeball smile_o.gif

any update on this. Hope so. Do you know what i would like... this merged with rts 4 somehow. SO for instance as you progress across the map you cap flags which give you more troops etc to command using this style interface. Perhaps i will try to merge them somehow.

yeah simply no more time...finished university degree and am now working fulltime.

Indeed a pity this isn't going any further.

It could be THE way to beat Evo.

Simply something along the lines of cti/evo with few real players on each side and a commander on each side that can do the strategy thing/ give waypoints to squads etc.

Maybe something like 6vs6 would simply rock.

Add in arti for commander too! :-)

Damn i'm gonna have to learn this arma mission scripting myself...