Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Sound distance. Strange things going on.

Hi all,

well i have converted a mission from OFP Everon to ArmA Everon.

The mission beginns in the south of Everon now on the upper north there is flying around a Chopper and i ( Down in the south ) can hear the Chopper's engine which is ( Up in the North ) very good.

It's the same with tanks and some other stuff.

What's wrong?

Update soundcard drivers/update openal/Turn off HW accelaration.

Try in that order wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What's wrong?

Get yourself an empty helo, fly up north all the way you can go and see that you are coming in on the map from the south again.

That´s why you can hear the vehicles. Arma world as OFP world is flat, if you peak behind corners you show up on the opposite side smile_o.gif

Get yourself an empty helo, fly up north all the way you can go and see that you are coming in on the map from the south again.

That´s why you can hear the vehicles. Arma world as OFP world is flat, if you peak behind corners you show up on the opposite side  smile_o.gif

huh.gif wouldn't that be round? If you get at one side you come to the other side, like in our real world doing a full turn around the world. If it would be flat, you would just fell off, no?

Anyway never encountered this. Good to know some people do smile_o.gif. So if I wanted to create a mission with the sound of artillery, but nothing in the immediate vicinity, I could just put it on the other side of the map and hear it?

It seems strange because I always thought that if you flew out of the map, you just kept seeing water.(or is it only sound doing that?)

Yeah Im fairly sure that you don't come back around. You did in Starfighter but I never have in ofp.

My system is always up to date so it can't have something to do with any drivers.

So far it only happends with sounds from Tank's and Choppers.

But maybee it has something to do with Everon?

I don't know but i never noticed that so much like today on Everon.