Sign in to follow this  
Owuor

Arming the little plane...?

I'm wondering if it is possible to add weapons to the little civilian plane.  I just thought it would be interesting to have  rockets on on.

Whether by trigger or script...is this possible?

(I am a newbie to scripting so keep this in mind if you answer).  Thanks.

ORIGINAL QUESTION ANSWERED...please see below for part 2 of question which is : How can i add rockets/mavericks/any firing weapon to a Trabant/car without using an addon.

You can grab the Addon Collection from http://ofp.kege.cjb.net, which has a resistance camoed cessna in it wich has a machine gun a four freefall bombs. I think its also possible to add (some) weapons to the cessnas with addweapon/addmagazine commands.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm wondering if it is possible to add weapons to the little civilian plane.  I just thought it would be interesting to have  rockets on on.

Whether by trigger or script...is this possible?

(I am a newbie to scripting so keep this in mind if you answer).  Thanks.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, *LOL*, it works...

Cessna = "Cessna" CreateVehicle GetPos Player

Cessna AddMagazine "MaverickLauncher"

Cessna AddWeapon "MaverickLauncher"

[\code]

Can you do this from within the init field of the cessna?

Actually, I'll try it now and report.

Awesome! Thanks for the code Conan.

Now, if only I could put Maveriks on my Trabant...ala something from Q-Branch. Is this possible?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Owuor @ Feb. 17 2002,08:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Awesome!  Thanks for the code Conan.

Now, if only I could put Maveriks on my Trabant...ala something from Q-Branch.  Is this possible?<span id='postcolor'>

*ROFLMAO*

Hello, Mr. Bond. biggrin.gif

Well, I would think it would work, but I reckon you're going to have a problem firing them. You see, these things really need to be fired with at least some altitude. If you fire them from ground level, you are probably going to blow yourself up when the missile plows into the gound right in front of you wow.gif

BTW, I don't know why my code works. What I originally posted was a cut-and-paste straight from a script. I was looking at it later and realised I had one "AddMagazine" command, and the rest were all "AddWeapon" commands. I did in fact have 8 rockets to fire... Go figure?

Sorry for resurrecting an old post of mine...but I just started scripting/editing again and am wondering about the second (unanswered) question I posed...

Is it possible to arm cars with missiles or rockets that could fire. I don't care about the practicality of it or whether i'll blow myself up. I just want to add Maverick's etc. to a car and be able to fire them while driving.

Thanks. In honor of the new 007 flick coming out someone please figure this out! biggrin.gif

Hoping to do this without addons...I should have mentioned that, sorry.

what cammond would i have to use to make a HEAT fire ps: my car is called car1

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">misslock Posted on Nov. 20 2002,18:37

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what cammond would i have to use to make a HEAT fire ps: my car is called car1 <span id='postcolor'>

I wish i could tell you misslock...still hoping someone will come up with a solution to this one. sad.gif