Sign in to follow this  
SEAL84

US-based clans?

I've been browsing around the forums and the wiki pages for a decently-sized ArmA clan based in the US, preferably well organized but not totally nutty in terms of 100% adherence to military protocol ingame. Me and a couple of buds are looking to get into the clan scene for an organized game or two every week but don't want to go totally overboard with offline training and such.

Any suggestions?

Good luck finding a good organized unit that doesn't require you to train.

4th IB is US-based and on the squad and fan pages forum around page... 72. We've been following the rules (only 1 post, no "bumping") and have been around a while (6 months about) so we get pushed way to the back. To get to the front you have to ignore the rules and make a very recent group. </vent>

So my choices are a) public servers where everybody runs around like retards or b) a unit that requires training, proper radio protocol, and has regulations pertaining to how you're supposed to drive trucks?

Isn't there just a group of people who get on TS and play with some semblance of teamwork without all the pretend-Marines stuff?

You can check out http://www.9thinfantry.org

We work together in squads,we communicate via teamspeak.

We don't require you to be on as much as other clans do.

Come and try the 9th infantry servers out.We have admins at almost all hours of the day.If you want you can join our teamspeak.We are organized.The way for you to confirm all of this I've typed is jump on and play ArmA with us.95% percent of our ArmA team members have played ArmA with us and joined our teamspeak before deciding to join.

All you need is a good attitude and the desire to play in a squad.

I think you are looking for TacticalGamer.com a community of mature gamers. We have a presence in over 30 games and currently run 17 servers, including 2 for ArmA. We are an open community (not a clan) and anyone is welcome to join as long as they follow the SOPs and rules set forth. We have some regularly scheduled "events", but generally just play under a "follow orders" and "respect each other" mentality. Players on our server must adhere to a teamplay & tactically oriented mindset or they will be removed. Within the TG community, we welcome clans and run our own in-house squads.

Another great community is ShackTac. They tend to be employ a stricter rule set and rank structure, but both playstyles are very interchangeable.

SEAL84, it sounds like you are possibly looking for something like Quebec Special Forces (QSF).

We are really Canadian in name only, our website, comms (Teamspeak and Ventrillo servers), etc. are all based in the US. Also, all of our currently active members except for one or two are from the USA. We have the name QSF because one of the founders of the clan is from Quebec.

We are stable and laid back group that has been around since 1999. Most of our active members are adults with families who have lives outside of online gaming. We do not require saluting and other foolishness while in game, we are a group of people who enjoy having a good time. We play pretty much enjoy any game mode that OFP and ArmA have to offer, but CTF is generally the least favorite among our community.

We used to compete in the STA, War Games, and FCM leagues for OFP. Once I see similar type of leagues appear, I will enroll QSF in something like that if our numbers of active members allows us to participate as long as we do not have to play during odd playing times (such as early in the afternoon when it is nice outside).

You can check us out here: http://www.qsfclan.org/

I think you are looking for TacticalGamer.com a community of mature gamers. We have a presence in over 30 games and currently run 17 servers, including 2 for ArmA. We are an open community (not a clan) and anyone is welcome to join as long as they follow the SOPs and rules set forth. We have some regularly scheduled "events", but generally just play under a "follow orders" and "respect each other" mentality. Players on our server must adhere to a teamplay & tactically oriented mindset or they will be removed. Within the TG community, we welcome clans and run our own in-house squads.

Another great community is ShackTac. They tend to be employ a stricter rule set and rank structure, but both playstyles are very interchangeable.

I'm going to echo this. I just played my first co-op game on the private Evolution server, and it was a lot of fun. Good teamwork, nice players, and not incredibly strict with rules.

Thanks for the recommendations and PMs everybody, they were helpful.