Sign in to follow this  
Kango

MP SC  Streetfighter Dolores

Hi,

Here is my first mission, an idea I had that I thought may be fun with a lot of players.

It's multiplayer, sector control (I guess) through the streets of Dolores.

East and West spawn at opposite ends of Dolores and have to capture the eight sectors (in order) spread out over a route through the town.

I should also mention it is infantry only, no vehicles, but there is an advanced respawn point should you get to your 4th flag , just to save your feet if you are doing well. smile_o.gif

Sf.jpg

You score points for each sector captured ,the further the flags from your spawn, the more points they are worth.

The winners being the highest score at the end of the selected time, or the capture of all eight flags.

Hopefully it works out as a right ding-dong in the centre of the map as opposing sides try to push each other back over their bridge towards their starting spawn points.

This version was made with ArmA 1.07b ( anyone else notice object position differences between 1.05>1.07 ie a mound I placed perfectly in 1.5 seemed to be a couple of metres lower in 1.07).

I also adjusted one slightly for 1.05 but I am posting the one for the latest 1.07b.

I tried to keep things simple but being my first map it was a bit of a steep learning curve. crazy_o.gif

Tested as best I could by myself and also thanks to Bwibble , Fish and Mort for their suggestions and for testing it on the Timezone Warriors server.

Hope you enjoy, all criticisms / suggestions welcome.

Download> My Webpage

Thanks,

Kango [TZW]

Looks like a good idea! A slightly different take on Sector Control, like moving the frontline forward smile_o.gif

I look forward to playing it ! smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

this looks good does it have AI. Also a vehicle version later on would be good.

this looks good does it have AI. Also a vehicle version later on would be good.

No AI in this, I did toy around with putting in some but decided against it ( the bridges made it awkward ), tried just to keep it small and infantry on foot only.

I'm sure it would be easier now to make the next one I try bigger and with vehicles now I've got the basis down.

That's of course if there is any/much interest in it wink_o.gif

Looks like a good idea! A slightly different take on Sector Control, like moving the frontline forward smile_o.gif

I look forward to playing it ! smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Thanks yay.gif

Hope you enjoy.

Oh Sweet! You should do this same EXACT thing, but in Ortego! =D!

Anyways, good mission so far!