Sign in to follow this  
ManDay

Scripting: Dialogs-Reference needed

Well that tutorial was never "complete" not even for OFP. But it gives you the basics. And once you figure how they work it should be rather easy to figure out how the other things work with help of the command reference. I don't know of any other (recent) tutorials but I used vectorbosson's (sp?) to learn it (for ArmA) and it's really pretty much the same. There are some new things in ArmA but they are easy to figure out. Just do the tutorial and then look at what other people have done with the new things and it should be easy to do it yourself then.

So there is obviously no reason why absolut everything except the dialog and controls can be found in the wiki? crazy_o.gifbanghead.gifconfused_o.gif

man that s really annoying

Instead of bashing your head senseless against a brick wall.

Have a look at:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=62966

by dr_eyeball

You'll get some hints from that, and if you're familiar with ui-coding or any object language you would have some benefits from that experience/knowledge.

Thanks. My head was already starting to hurt. I just fear you have to get all those idents from looking at some deeper level of ArmA - some of the bins or pac-files. Is that true?

Im just pissed they guy or guys who developed the dialog interface didnt take a minute to Cntr + C; Cntr + V a list of all available widgets. I d have been able then to get the rest done by myself. But with not knowing the essential basics im helpless - gotta take what others have already done before. i dont like to be that sort of dependent on others.

Thanks. My head was already starting to hurt. I just fear you have to get all those idents from looking at some deeper level of ArmA - some of the bins or pac-files. Is that true?

yes, you might see the dialogs and coding behind them, but not easily see "how to" explained below.

Im just pissed they guy or guys who developed the dialog interface didnt take a minute to Cntr + C; Cntr + V a list of all available widgets. I d have been able then to get the rest done by myself. But with not knowing the essential basics im helpless - gotta take what others have already done before. i dont like to be that sort of dependent on others.

Well, think of the OFP/ARMA scripting like a java-sdk without any java-dok, no courses, self-learning books/online examples.

What do you have left?

the wiki and users who provide with some examples.

rest is up to us to discover.

HOWEVER!

The knowledge is out there obviously and not "shared" even tho stated in some sigs.

Trial and error = knowledge, basically.

//snip

Question: What is the "objects[ ]" container good for?

Have a look here for *some* info:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=62435

Feel free to document add the relevent stuff into the biki from there. I don't have time ATM.

If you could be more specific as to what you mean by "the objects[ ] container", perhaps by posting a small example so I can see what context it's in, I may be able to answer that.

Also, if you're wanting examples, you may want to check my particle parameter utility. It's dialogs are BIS ARMA lookalikes and use many of the control types (although not all of them).

objects[] = {};

Never used it but looking at examples, it's used to display *.p3d model files, like a laptop or console.

Example is something like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class DlgX

{

idd = -1;

controlsBackground[] = {};

objects[] = { objY };

class objY: RscObject

{

idc = -1;

type = CT_OBJECT_CONT_ANIM;

model = "objY.p3d";

animation = "objY.rtm"

controls[] = { ... };

};