Sign in to follow this  
Auss

Deamon tool

For anyone thats using a FIRE Daemon tool to run the dedicated server you may encounter problems when setting up multiple servers to use seperate config files.

The problem lies with the FIRE Daemon tool not properly recognising the -profiles command path in the parameters section of the deamon tool IF you use the default c:\program files\bohemia\blah blah.

I moved the AmrA installs to the root of C: so the path will be c:\Arma\game folder. Then the following command can be used in the Deamon to point to each seperate install  thereby allowing different configs for each install

-name=servername "-profiles=c:\arma\armatest\users\ogntest"

We run 3 servers on our machine and have 3 seperate installs of Arma. As you can see I have shown our test server path. We can now customise each server. For instance our coop server has different view distance and enemy precision settings than our CTF install. The good thing about the use of the Deamon tool is also allowing you to bind the service to a CPU or CORE.

*On a side note the precision enemy and skill levels seem to promote better exchange of fire between the players and the AI. It also seems to stop those pain in the arse 400 metre one shot kills by AI.

Hope this helps smile_o.gif Or I have totally confused you..lol

are u sure u mean daemon tool???

the only daemon tool i know of is a virtual cd/dvd emulator, very usefull for mounting images of cd/dvd'd without having to burn them to a disc, and also usefull for fooling software into thinking that a hard copy of said cd/dvd is inserted into the machine.

a very usefull way to save on the wear and tear of discs if u play multiple games that require a disc be inserted when playing.

however i believe that your post refers to firedaemon, a server app that runs applications as services.

this is an awesome app, and we at RN also use it to run multiple servers from various install folders, locked to various CPU cores.

had a minor issue with server profiles but that was easily fixed by assigning the service to run in admin, which opened up accessibility to the right folders and not having to use that server parameter that tells the server exe where to find the right profile, makes for a somewhat cleaner install and command line, which in turn helps the switching of mods etc etc

Are you running multiple instances of ArmA on one server?

Deomon toolz lol you Mean Fire Demon i get em confused to

right Rn runs 16aa and 88th Arma servers

BDA runs 3 servers on one box Plus a Graw server

http://www.firedaemon.com/

Windows, trusted by customers worldwide to provide 100% uptime of their applications. You can create a service in seconds without modifying any of your existing applications and keep it running without the need of an end user session.

FireDaemon Pro allows you to schedule, configure, install and run your application program executable or script as a Windows Service. FireDaemon Trinity provides all the functionality of Pro but allows you to manage and deploy services across your network.

FireDaemon will run native 32-bit or 64-bit applications (EXE or DLL), shortcuts or scripting / interpreted languages (eg. Java, .NET, Perl, Batch (BAT/CMD), Python, Ruby, TCL/TK, PHP) as a Windows service! Download the 30-day trial of Pro or Trinity today!

Bloody hell I didnt think this would cause this much confusion. My apologies I should have said FIRE DAEMON...lol

I presumed wrongly that anyone interested in the post and read the post contents would have assumed I was refering to a fire Daemon tool.

Deamon tools

Fire Demon

damien

sounds all evil wow_o.gif

And a free tool available to control a windows server via web interface ? (only for start/restart and stop the server ?)