Sign in to follow this  
morthawt

Nvidia 6800 LE really too low?

I got an x64 AMD X2 4400+ with 2GB ram and a 6800LE gfx card, why am i getting lag even when everything in the game and windows is turned to VERY LOW/DISABLED, and windows to "High performance" ? I cant seem to stop the visual lag when in hevily wooded areas, or areas where more then 2 objects are on fire with smoke. Surely my graphics are not that bad that this should happen.. If i can play Doom 3, im sure i should be able to play this.... Please advise

lol if this game is more intencuive than Doom 3 then i am confused.. Plus i dont have the money for graphics cards.. There is no way that this game tops Doom 3 graphics... no way possible.. I have ABOVE the minimum, i have the recomended... How can i have lag with the "recomended"

lol if this game is more intencuive than Doom 3 then i am confused.. Plus i dont have the money for graphics cards.. There is no way that this game tops Doom 3 graphics... no way possible.. I have ABOVE the minimum, i have the recomended... How can i have lag with the "recomended"

Well the avarage map in doom3 gives you about 15m^2 of free space to move in, ArmA gives you 20×20km map to move in with at least hundreds of things going on at the same time.

Think about that.. tounge2.gif

EDIT: You shouldnt have any FPS problems though, game runs fine on my x2 4200+, 1,5gb ram, x1600xt on low/normal details (+AF high) on 1024×768.

tried updating drivers? Turned off everything running in the background? (especially antivirus etc)

EDIT2: 6800LE isnt that good though

I have a 6600GT on one of our computers with only 1 gig of ram and i can run everything on med-low  and get well over 30fps and and never drop below 20 in thick wooded area's.  I take it you have done the small tweaks (vsync off ect).?  smile_o.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=57902

if not smile_o.gif