Sign in to follow this  
KAOSInc

FLIR in Armed Assault?

Is FLIR (Forward Looking InfraRed) in ArmA? I haven't bought ArmA as yet so I don't have a clue if it's in there or not. But after viewing this video, http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bf4_1172415883&c=1 it does look like Arma. If it is...beauty...although it's technically cheating a bit...it looks great.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

No actually there is no FLIR.

Only thing you can use as such (more or less) is the NV device you have as a pilot.

That clip you posted is filmed from the view of the gunner of the Apache, which has a zoomable camera and the option of either FFAR, Hellfire or 30mm.

But no FLIR basically ... same with tanks.

Would have been a great addition. I heard GRAW2 had it

There isn't any AH64 Apache in ArmA (yet).

Those clips look like they are from OFP, not ArmA. As for FLIR, there was none in OFP by default. This clip could have possibly been created with a mod, but I think it's more likely clever editing.

There isn't any AH64 Apache in ArmA (yet).

Those clips look like they are from OFP, not ArmA. As for FLIR, there was none in OFP by default. This clip could have possibly been created with a mod, but I think it's more likely clever editing.

It'S VBS1. yay.gif

I made some attempt for a more realistic FLIR, derived from GranQ work on setAperture, but so far I've only been able to get a significantly good result for flying vehicles during night.

see here : http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5521412249498991422

ground vehicles create many issues, and daytime FLIR looks impossible with the technique I used.

Is FLIR (Forward Looking InfraRed) in ArmA? I haven't bought ArmA as yet so I don't have a clue if it's in there or not. But after viewing this video, http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bf4_1172415883&c=1 it does look like Arma. If it is...beauty...although it's technically cheating a bit...it looks great.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

yeah I made that video....

And it isnt any set aperature trick getting the FLIR effect...

workaround

It was really easy to make the flir addon... takes about 20 minutes to do from begining to end.

ARMA instructions

step 1---- download SLX people example

step 2---- make a 2x2 pixel .paa file---make it pure white

step 3---- rename this little file to SLX people texturefile name.

step 4---  In O2 hit E on every distance LOD and make it so the object takes no shadows.

step 5 makepbo and test

and the EYECANDY will make it look like FLIR

Is it real FLIR? No

Djfrogstar...where the soldiers were running down the street...that looked awesome! notworthy.gif

Thanks for setting the record straight.

Oops, I guess I should've actually watched the video, doh. I assumed it was Arma and the Mapfact Apache.

Nice trick, I tried the same with a bright hidden selection so it can be disabled when player isn't in a vehicle etc. Would be a nice feature for a mod but a lot of work to add to all units and vehicles.