Sign in to follow this  
CD82

Game Start Problem

ok wow whooptie doo

i bought this stinking game at wal mart today installed it and it installed fine

go to run the short cut and the check boxes check except for the last 2

i sure see alot of problems with this buggy piece of software infact im very unhappy with it that ive wasted 50$

well i emailed secruerom with the log an they dont see any problems they told me to contact the creators of the game ive updated the open al

my system specs are

amd athlon xp 3000

2 gigs of memory

windows xp pro sp2

200 gig hd

geforce 6800le

so whats the deal no errors or nothing just game will not start

i thought maybe it might be soemthign to do a burning program but as i stated securom found no problems

I have the same problem. My PC spec. are :

Amd athlon XP 2600

1 Gb of RAM

Windows xp pro sp2

250 Gb of HDD

Sapphire X1650 Pro 512 Mb

I tried to find a solution in google but it was impossible.

If anything can help us …

Thks n brgds

this really pisses me off buy a game an cant play it cause of some crap an cant return it cause they think you have copied it lol why you wana copy a game that dont work lmao

It's normal that the last 2 boxes are not tick off.

What error messages you get (if any)?

If I've re-booted recently I have the same problem. All but the last two boxes chk'd, then nothing happens. But, if I <Cntrl-Alt-Delete> to Taskmanager and end the ArmA program (or ArmA.locked process), I can then close TM and start ArmA normally.

If I've re-booted recently I have the same problem. All but the last two boxes chk'd, then nothing happens. But, if I <Cntrl-Alt-Delete> to Taskmanager and end the ArmA program (or ArmA.locked process), I can then close TM and start ArmA normally.

I don't understand your reply.

I open taskmanager then I double-click arma. I can only see arma.exe in the taskmanager for a while.

What error messages you get (if any)?

unquote

I don't receive any error ... just game doesn't work ... are there any log file?

i dont have no error messages

ok well ive got something figured out here  i wastold on some diff forums      to   disable the sound card and i did   well i could play the tame then but with no sound   i run the soundblaster xf-i      

guess ill have to wait for a fix    because playing with sound is just no fun at all

and yes my drivers are updated to the latest for the sound card

I open taskmanager then I double-click arma. I can only see arma.exe in the taskmanager for a while.

Exactly, select Arma.exe, then "End Task" it till it shuts down. After that, I can start ArmA normally. Its weird because it only does it the first time I attempt to run it after I've re-booted. After that, as long as I don't re-boot, it fires up normally and evrything is fine and wonderful.

Exactly, select Arma.exe, then "End Task" it till it shuts down. After that, I can start ArmA normally. Its weird because it only does it the first time I attempt to run it after I've re-booted. After that, as long as I don't re-boot, it fires up normally and evrything is fine and wonderful.

In my case, the problem is arma.exe appears in the task manager only during 2 seg. then it closes automatically without doing anything.

Just to hijack this thread a little...the game put a shortcut on my desktop, which I don't like (i run a clean desktop). However this is the only shortcut that will work. I can't move it, copy it, create new ones...they just result in the game telling me I'm using a backup CD (which I'm not). The desktop one is the only one that will start the game, and even then it usually takes 2 tries. Any help?

Wtf? crazy_o.gif

What is that? Let me sum it up just to make it clear:

You got 2 Shortcuts - presumely one in your Taskbar and one on your Desktop. Clicking the on your Desktopn will result in the game to start. Clicking the one in your Taskbar will not start it but rather will bring up an error?

But - hey! After all we arrived here so let my hijack this one a little further.

Do you know this message?

http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=5024

banghead.gif

I hate that Softwareprotection BS! Why the HECK are you defacing games which that sort of - ?! That aint NOT good. Who is to blame? BIS because they put that in tho almost evrybody knows a cracker will never - NEVER EVER - get irritated by those poor attempts to impede copying and cracking while the proper users of the game are the ones mostly disturbed by all that?

Or the SecuRom-Coorperation because they advertise their worst piece of a - as a 'great and secure' way to ensure a game?!?

Why? Why do you NOT recognize SecuRom is NOT worth it - you distract more users with it than you deter crackers from copying the game.?

Wtf? crazy_o.gif

What is that? Let me sum it up just to make it clear:

You got 2 Shortcuts - presumely one in your Taskbar and one on your Desktop. Clicking the on your Desktopn will result in the game to start. Clicking the one in your Taskbar will not start it but rather will bring up an error?

Well not an error....just the "protection" claiming I'm using a backup CD. Can't say I'm impressed sad_o.gif

And yes, probably puts off more people than stops cracking.

wow still no suggestions for my sound issue?

is there a fix for this knowen issue yet??? i still cant get this to work. even have reinstalled my soundcard an drivers a number of times.

playing a game with no sound is no fun at all i can see this was an entire waste of money .

Well i know the errors showing in this file

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\Dta\bin.pbo

Maybe look in this file

look for what in the file

ive updated drivers to my sound card ive uninstalled an reinstalled it even disabled the onboard sound updated openal driver and still cant play

if i disable the sound card i can play just fine

im running a sounblaster x-fi in game mode ive tried in entertainment mode as well