Sign in to follow this  
RockingMadDog

installing addons

Hey mate, and welcome to the forums!

My first piece of advice is to do a search before you post. It'll save some hot headed people from getting angry wink_o.gif

To answer your question:

1. Download the addon and extract it from zip or rar if you need to.

2. Take the PBO file, and put it into your Armed Assault\Addons folder.

3. Open up the editor, and play with the newly installed addon!

Cheers.

Abs

Hey mate, and welcome to the forums!

My first piece of advice is to do a search before you post. It'll save some hot headed people from getting angry wink_o.gif

To answer your question:

1. Download the addon and extract it from zip or rar if you need to.

2. Take the PBO file, and put it into your Armed Assault\Addons folder.

3. Open up the editor, and play with the newly installed addon!

Cheers.

Abs

1. do u have 2 make this addons folder or does it allready have 1?

2.how do u extract it from a RAR file cuz everytime i extract from zip it makes it into an RAR file

Don't worry - I'll save you the trouble of opening up your ArmA folder and looking. It's already there. [EDIT: It should be in this directory: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns]

As for #2, no idea mate. You have to use either WinZip or WinRAR to open up the compressed file the download is in. NOTE: If it's a PBO, then you don't have to use WinZip or WinRAR.

Good luck.

Abs

Don't worry - I'll save you the trouble of opening up your ArmA folder and looking. It's already there. [EDIT: It should be in this directory: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns]

As for #2, no idea mate. You have to use either WinZip or WinRAR to open up the compressed file the download is in. NOTE: If it's a PBO, then you don't have to use WinZip or WinRAR.

Good luck.

Abs

Just to clarify.

If you have US version of ArmA, it will be under Atari/ArmA/AddOns instead of Bohemia Interactive. smile_o.gif

Happy gaming.

Yes, or a similar application such as WinRAR, WinACE, or my personal favourite PowerArchiver.

yes eventually i finnaly got it working thanks for all your help ive been installing everything latley eversince i got that working. I got the british jeep pack and the abrams aw.

oh and gettin win RAR free forever this i gotta download!!

Im lucky that i found this so then i didn't start a new one..

Just abit of help i need to understand more..

I downloaded 2 addons, they both need the target line in the Arma shortcut huh.gif and i have no idea what to do since you cannot add 2 codes or even combine the files etc i tried it but doesn't work.

Can someone just explain the target codes so i can have 2 addons working with 1 or 2 target lines or something please? i gave up on trying so i came here.