Sign in to follow this  
zootia

Viewdistance different in MP and SP

I could have sworn to god that everytime I played MP, I got a lot less viewdistance than I got in SP.

So, I staged and experiment. Screen shot 1 was captured while I was previewing the map in SP.

Screen shot 2 was captured after I exported the same map to multiplayer. I made a server using the map and captured it from there.

I made NO CHANGES in the map settings or my graphic settings. Viewdistance is set to 3500 for both pics.

[/img]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/zootia/arma2007-05-2204-00-11-85.jpg[/img]

Singleplayer

[/img]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/zootia/arma2007-05-2204-01-12-93.jpg[/img]

Multiplayer

As you can see, the viewdistance in multiplayer is pathetically short. It's damn near impossible to fly jets becuase of all the fog!

Did anyone else notice this? Or is it just an isolated issue on my computer? Maybe another problem concerning the 8800 videocards? Because thats what I use.

i think viewdistance in mp is set by mission and now you have some default value. make trigger or script and type:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">setViewDistance 3500

btw: gras is set by mission too

Yup, multiplayer missions limit VD to either 1200 (default) or your personal setting (if lower than 1200). If the mission sets it higher than it's allowed to be higher.

VD upper limit are set server side, it is controled by the mission config and could change in assign/side menu, but once in the game, the VD is stick to that the selected distance, all clinet side VD within that range is allowed, but you cant go further then that

zootia keep your photo's under a 100kb and respect the forum rules.

zootia keep your photo's under a 100kb and respect the forum rules.

-->

respect the forum rules and keep your photo's under a 100kb.

<--

??

wink_o.gif

QuietMan

I'm just waking up smile_o.gif I need some time before the dsylexica wears off. sad_o.gif

I didnt know there was a rule to have pics under 100kb. But I'm sure 95% of forum viewers have high speed internet anyway, and they wont like having to copy and paste links. Why cater to the 5% that still have dial up?

I agree with zootia. I'm also sure that lots of people can swim anyway, so lets just flood the earth and cater for the 80% of humans that can swim, just screw the rest smile_o.gif

Seriously though, roolz is roolz.

If you have a problem with the rules or one of the moderators, you can PM them or search for the 'ask a moderator' thread. Otherwise, you can quietly respect the forum rules.