Sign in to follow this  
ArMoGaDoN

Signs + Textures

Does anyone know if there's a sign-board that can accept a custom texture in the default object list? No doubt there is/will be such a custom addon at some point, but is there a default object that can display stuff like a custom-map or other graphic?

I don't want to use a 3rd Party addon for something so basic, limiting the map's audience etc.

Did a search here and Ofpec, but could not find anything.

Does anyone know of such a thing in ArmA?

There was such a addon for ofp, nazguls message boards as far i remember. i used it quite often.

nazguls boards

i couldnt check the link cause of  a download restriction at work. hope it helped you in some way.

If this is for the map thing you want to do WarWolf I dont know of any commands to do that. I know in OFP you could take a screenshot of say... the map save it as a JPG and you could display that with like a radio trigger or some other means like a drop command.

Actually while sitting here typing I had a thought (OWWWCH!wink_o.gif If my assumtion is right about why you want a fixed map (more real, you get a map not a movie persay) you could do the above (I have never acually done it so I cant tell you exactly how) and then set the map false so people cant use it. Then they will have to use the other.

Hope I helped. thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for the answers guys, I'll take a further look at that setObjectTexture, the Map_Air AH64 Apache's use that to display different liveries, so I am familiar with it, but didn't think it'd work unless the 'vehicle' supported it - maybe it'll work with the standard map-board, - will try it and report findings.

OP4-Buhbye lol - I think I understood what you meant, after reading through a few times - I have already managed to get a jpg up on screen, responding to a radio trigger much as you suggested - however, if some nOOb presses the trigger as you come in for a landing it can be quite 'fun' having to do an instrument approach... hehe.  So really I wan the jpg to appear on the map-board or similar device. that won't pop-up blocking people's vision at inopportune moments!

Thanks again - will play and get back to you.

(edit: nope, the setObjectTexture relies on an array in the vehicle's config called 'hiddenselections', which is not present in most things now, and doesn't work on the map board unfortunately. Guess addon route is only way at the moment, so another good idea down the pan for now as I don't want to use an addon for this - perhaps low on the todo list for BIS could be some texturable 'map-boards' of different sizes for us to put graphics on when needed?).

Why dont you group a trigger to each unit so them hitting it is local. And set the same thing up for each trigger. Will that work for you?