Sign in to follow this  
DJ2liveUK

In Game Voip

Anyone use the in-game voip or is it better to use teamspeak?

How do you know what players are using?

I never see people use the in-game VOIP. They say it's boinked... rofl.gif

Only way to find out what they're using is to ask. Some servers have their own TS/Vent servers set up and will occasionally post the I.P in game.

Ah that might explain, why when using my mike and the in-game voice of network button (Caps Lock), no one has responded.

Ingame voice had issues, and is still having some issues though most parts work now in v1.07.5157.

I hope they iron out the last bugs before final v1.07!

I hope they iron out the last bugs before final v1.07!

Me too, tho it's good to hear most of it is fixed.

Yeah it'd be a cool thing to use instead of having to ask everyone on a server if there's a TS server set up.

It's also cool how you can see the person's mouth move when they talk. biggrin_o.gif

you have to enable it in the server config and open the VOip port tcp or udp.

dont ask me for the command to eneble it or the port  welcome.gif

maby Voice=1 hahah then use prt scan to see what port arma.exe is useing lol

We've tested the in-game VOIP quite a bit on the TacticalGamer.com servers.  It doesn't seem to work any better in the v1.07 beta versions than it did in previous versions.  Some people can hear some other people, but often those same people can't hear some of the others.  We're using Teamspeak for now, but we're really hoping the in-game VOIP is fixed soon.  Comms are a VERY imporant part of this game.

Much looking forward to using the "Proximity channel" in the future! VoN doesn't work at all for me. I had it work a few times in the past but no luck currently. Hard to troubleshoot without two people confused_o.gif

I've got the same phenomenon with vehicle chat. Only some see what I type. But maybe it's because ArmA only works when I got my firewall _on_ tounge2.gif