Sign in to follow this  
JustinK

Question on time acceleration

I hope this is the right place for this. I was wondering if there was any way you could mess with the configs and get the time acceleration to go faster than just x4. So that way you could have a mission where a scout sniper team can observe and sneak up to a good firing position over a few hours or spend simulated days out in the field without actually spending those days. I just would love realism like that.

Place a trigger.

Into "On activation" filed put:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">setAccTime X

X replace with a time speed (1 is normal, above 1 is faster, under 1 is slower; more info)

this setacctime 8.0 (max i guess) speeds up everythink, i think he just wanna speed up the day/night cycle, not the whole game like possible in the evolution map. i'm sure someone in here knows, i'm too lazy to search whistle.gif

yeah, I just want the day to go by faster.

okay, so is this a script I type in during the game? I assume you hit the ` key to open the menu.

I'll try and make this clearer, I want to be able to either skip time or speed it up at any given moment from within the mission without using triggers. Or, to just "unlock" the time acceleration to go faster than 4x acceleration.

I'll try and make this clearer, I want to be able to either skip time or speed it up at any given moment from within the mission without using triggers. Or, to just "unlock" the time acceleration to go faster than 4x acceleration.

There's no way to unlock default time acceleration values, atleast i haven't heard anything about it.

You can speed up time or skip it at any given moment only by using forexample "radio alpha"-trigger (simple) or script (not so simple).

I think that 'skiptime'-command is better for your expetations. Setacctime can't be set to very high values, as mission reliability might suffer greatly.

Alternative to radio activation might be to add option to action menu for skip time (something like "Wait 3 hours").

If you're interested in this, this is way to do it:

Into unit's init line put:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ID = this addAction ["Wait X Hours", "skiptime.sqs"]

Then create a simple text file and put here:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">skipTime X

(X = time (hours) of skip)

and save as "skiptime.sqs"

But i dont think he wants to modify any missions.. but built into the game u cannot go faster than 4x.

Otherwise u've gotta edit the map and put it in which is a bit of bother :S

He wants to have it FASTER than 4x.

And as far as I understand he also wants to create his own sniping mission smile_o.gif .

I would like to be able to skip a certain number of hours at any given moment so you could recon a base and then skip until nightfall when you sneak in and blow some tanks and trucks up. I know you can only get it to skip a pre-set number of hours but thats okay.

Alternative to radio activation might be to add option to action menu for skip time (something like "Wait 3 hours").

If you're interested in this, this is way to do it:

Into unit's init line put:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ID = this addAction ["Wait X Hours", "skiptime.sqs"]

Then create a simple text file and put here:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">skipTime X

(X = time (hours) of skip)

and save as "skiptime.sqs"

Where do I put the text file? and do I just use notepad or something like it make the file?

got it working on the radio, thanks guys.