Sign in to follow this  
deevius

ATTENTION BIS: Sprocket

Okay, I have been trying to keep quiet about this but its really starting to piss me off now. I am getting absolutely sick and tired of having to activate the game every time we install a new update or reinstall the game, its especially a pain in the ass when we are testing the beta patches and a hotfix comes out for a patch it means ANOTHER activation, meaning we have to go to the effort of emailing support and waiting days just so we can play the game

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

Please work with Softwrap to get this issue resolved, it is unbelievably annoying and i feel like I deserve a refund because if I had known about this crap in the first place I would not have bought the game from Sprocket.

Even the US download version doesn't require activations, WHY DO WE HAVE TO HAVE IT!?

either give us an unlimited amount of activations, or send us atleast 10 activations at a time, OR JUST REMOVE THE ACTIVATION ALTOGETHER AS IT IS COMPLETELY UNECESSARY

banghead.gif   banghead.gif   banghead.gif   banghead.gif

This topic isn't nessecary. I also have the Sprocket version and I'm not having any problems. I have had no need to reinstall it, while the beta patches would be nice, they seem more trouble than they're worth.

if i want to install the beta patches, thats my business not yours. It is still a MAJOR pain in the ass having to email and waiting for 4-5+ days just to get more activations. It's bloody stupid

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE FOR IT!?

not because that its not someone else business or whatever, but the point is:

It works for some peoples, and there is already a size=5 note that tells you there is a risk of reactivation needed, or might simply cause the beta not running

Unfortunately there are already 26 pages of these complaints deevius.

Sprocket troubleshooting thread

That thread is like the plague to anyone from BIS or Moderators.  Your complaint will likely be ignored by those that can help and ridiculed by those same people that have made excuses on every "complaint" thread from the start.

I was in your shoes, I "feel your pain."  The result was that I got my refund and waited for boxed version from a publisher.

Meaning...BIS went from getting most of my money through their Sprocket system to getting a small percentage from a publisher.

Great way to run a business  icon_rolleyes.gif

i am pleased to say the morphicon download version does not give me this shit with reactivation all the time and hope it never does.

motto of the story - morphicon or atari seem to be better download options than sprocket. which in turn makes choosing who to download from a lot easier and ends up costing Sprocket money in lost potential revenue and that's a sure way to get things fixed fast. It's sprocket who have implemented their particular protection scheme and they should deal with it and make their version easier to patch like the rest of the download versions.

xmas_o.gif

i am pleased to say the morphicon download version does not give me this shit with reactivation all the time and hope it never does.

Are you sure? I mean, i've lost one activation-time during patching game to 1.05... Anyways i just sent email to Morphicon conserning that.

well if there is anything that they can do to fix the problem i think they already did, but there is something stop them to fix the problem, what it is, everyone guesses, but we are not BI, so other then hoping BI to sort it out, there is notthing more to do, not even bitching(or in your view, putting it into some kind of sence of humor, which isnt)

p.s. not that i am defending something, but i hate the "Xcrew you BI"(with the mid finger pointing out) way of speech

If you are really pissed at Softwrap for their constant re-activations for ArmA on sprocket, then tell them and ask for a refund. It's not up to BIS how Softwrap sells ArmA. Maybe Sprocket will change things if they (not BIS) get enough complaints about it.

Are you sure? I mean, i've lost one activation-time during patching game to 1.05... Anyways i just sent email to Morphicon conserning that.

you are right on that for 1.05 update there was a confusing update. but not for the 1.07 so i'm pleased.

you are right on that for 1.05 update there was a confusing update. but not for the 1.07 so i'm pleased.

If so, then: yay.gif

Thanks xmas_o.gif

If so, then: yay.gif

Thanks  xmas_o.gif

i dont have this for both 1.05beta and 1.07beta

What do you mean? I'm in fever and my brains are filled with slime etc... which is bad for braincapacity.

Do you mean that beta versions doesn't require reactivations, but non-beta do?

deevious im on sprocket too, and I've found out that math is ur friend smile_o.gif , just keep in mind how many activations u got left, and after third e-mail sprocket for new 1's

What do you mean? I'm in fever and my brains are filled with slime etc... which is bad for braincapacity.

Do you mean that beta versions doesn't require reactivations, but non-beta do?

sort of, i waste a activation on 1.05 patch, but for the no CD sakes i think i will keep using german DL

So... I can get a refund for the Sprocket version and go and get the US version?!

It amazes me that so many people ignore bold and prominent warnings about the beta patch used for digital downloads and then keep complaining and complaining. What's that big deal in waiting for final 1.07 release? And if you feel it's worth potential problems with activations, why do you keep complaining if they really happened?

Anyway, for sprocket troubleshooting we have plenty of other places to go. There's also daily direct sprocket support anyone seriously wanting to handle any issues can go to.

There was a constant effort we put with Softwrap to help all Sprocket users and also limit activations problems with patches.

I can't see any reason in this discussion here.