Sign in to follow this  
Kev

Operation: Southern Storm

yes he has, he is at work at the moment, u can join the server.

check teamspeak date on the following site and join us.

DedicatedAmericanSex

By the way, i hope somebody will enjoy the RHS hind pack and play

the Full 1.10 version too. smile_o.gif

yep im basicly a crack head and keep the server updated soon as i get it

this mission is really great, I hope to see more servers running it also

suggestions

-needs an ammo clean up script

-more enemies (infantry with anti armor, snipers on roofs randomly)

And a few more...

Could we have an Extra Lite version? Maybe Optimised for <10 players? I was playing this on my server with just 2 others for ages and we loved it, but the amount of vehicles and aircraft available to us was a bit overkill and might lessen the load on the server if it was cut down a bit?

When an objective is complete, the only notification you get is the coloured hatched circle around the objective is removed. It's a very minor point but an "objective complete" notification would be cool.

I know you wanted to keep the addon requirements down, and the Hind is a lovely thing, but I was wondering if you could be persuaded to drop the Mapfact airpack in there too? The chinook would be way cool and our pilot was longing for an Apache - the Cobra is a bit too flimsy for him! smile_o.gif

I notice the vehicles were respawning. I like it when the supply of hardware dries up after a while. An endless source of Abrams is fun, but having them run out after a while is good too. The Abrams is a maybe a bit too good, IMO. The T72's don't stand a chance. We got through a huge amount of M1's, possibly ten or more and there was only 2 of us using them. If we had been forced to go get a repair truck, rather than just dump the tank and go get another one, that would certainly add another dimension to this.

This really is a nice, simple, fun mission. Refreshingly clear and bug free. None of this "respawn is for n00bs" rubbish. It's playable, fun and extensive. Fantastic. It definitely gets the TeamSPAFF approval. Oh and kudos for making it in 1.07!

Thank you for this nice feedback Tankbuster.

I made an BETA 1.12 version now. one is with mapfact air and has 2 apaches and 2 chinooks on it. no dynamic weather on it but accelerated time. 1 realtime minute = 15 ingame minutes.

because of several requests i am testing this beta now in association with d3dsh33p and the 3rdID. Also i am working on an (Coop 20) SouthernStar version for 20 players. with 10 abrams tanks but only 3 of them respawn. also some strykers will be missed etc. but it will take avile. i try to get southernstorm to an final version that i dont need to touch again for several month.

because my next project is PvP based on that mission and something else i dont wonna tell now.

so stay tuned, i hope this mission reaches many servers out there and makes many fun on authentic hard to beat warfare.

greetings, Kev

for w/e reason the beta wont properly start, light or not,so 1.10 is running while im at work. Will look for updates while doing the daily grind tho

edit: gonna be running the latest version since ive spoken with you this morning

Thank you for this nice feedback Tankbuster.

I made an BETA 1.12 version now. one is with mapfact air and has 2 apaches and 2 chinooks on it. no dynamic weather on it but accelerated time. 1 realtime minute = 15 ingame minutes.

because of several requests i am testing this beta now in association with d3dsh33p and the 3rdID. Also i am working on an (Coop 20) SouthernStar version for 20 players. with 10 abrams tanks but only 3 of them respawn. also some strykers will be missed etc. but it will take avile. i try to get southernstorm to an final version that i dont need to touch again for several month.

because my next project is PvP based on that mission and something else i dont wonna tell now.

so stay tuned, i hope this mission reaches many servers out there and makes many fun on authentic hard to beat warfare.

greetings, Kev

Fantastic!

I await with breath baited. smile_o.gif

had a great time with all the folks that were in game tonight, i never knew laser designation could be so fun!!! pistols.gif

UPDATE ----- Its Done...

[ OPERATION: <span style='color:RED'>SOUTHERN</span> STORM ] <span style='color:BLUE'>FINAL RELEASE</span> <span style='color:RED'>v1.12</span> [ TOTALY REBUILD ] (Sounds best on FDF_Soundpack)

Version: [ 1.12 & 1.12 Light ][ For Armed Assault version 1.06 - 1.07b - Final Release]

CHECK OUT THE FIRST POST!!!

ok got the server back in order

this mission will be on it for most of the time when were not death matching with celery's new pack

First, this is a great mission. I enjoy the realism in the mission, based on how the units are placed.

Is it possible to place Cobras and Apaches in the mod version?

will do on next update.

will do on next update.

reply to quote:  good news!

I have been playing/testing for mission some more.  Overall, very nice mission and the "realism" details you add to mission are excellent.

I would like to suggest the following to continue the realism of your mission (just my 2 cents)...

1) In your Mod Version, you require Map Air 1.05.  This Add-On also has a Harrier loaded with Mavericks instead of GBUs.  Would be nice to have one or two of these on map.  Easy to add since addon is already required.

2) Also, I believe Map Air has an Apache with laser guided mavericks (to be used with soldiers who are lasing targets).  Fairly easy to add since addon is already required.

3) Your MP also requires MAP Misc Add-On.  In this addon there is a Smoke grenade script for M203s and a smoke launcher script for any vehicles in the game (Abrams, etc, as in real life).  Since the addon is already required, it would be nice to have armor that could launch smoke screens in combat (friendly and enemy).  Seems to be rather easy to impliment since the addon is already required.

4) Tracers-- centipede has a great (IMO) tracer mod for arma, but has to be implimented in the mission as a trigger over whole map to work for all units.  It would be another required add-on, but i think it greatly enhances the realism of Arma.  Instead of repeating all the tracer info here, I will just refer you to his tracer thread in the MOD: discussions forums (but yes, it is complete; lastest version is 1.14).  Once you have the addon, you just impliment a one line trigger exec command over your whole map, and the tracers work for all units in it.  Obviously, this would be another required Add-On.

5) City Cleared:  One sticking point in the game is when there seem to be one or two enemy soldiers in the city somewhere (possibly stuck in walls or rocks and not visible), and after horus of searching the city, they still cannot be found.  I would like to suggest a change to where the city is cleared once the enemies fall below a certain number (say 5 for example).  Once only 4 or less enemys are left in city, then the city would be considered cleared.  This way, if one soldier is stuck in a rock or something that makes it impossible for players to find him, it doesnt hold up the entire mission.

Overall, the mission is great and these above "realism suggestions" may enhance an already great MP experience.

I wanted to say thank you for the nice feedback again.

I am working on some new ideas, so stay tuned.

Greetz, Kev