Sign in to follow this  
Drew77

US Version runs awsome

I had the english 1.5 version and it ran ok but I would like to see it runs better. I just go the US version and man what a huge differance the game runs alot better and there are so mnay changes it is now really fun to play. If you are having some probs just buy the US version there is a HUGE differance. Like the AI is way better they flank and fight alot better, also the boats work now so I have made so awsome missions using boats there is just a hige differance between my US version and the english version. Right now I am very happy what with they did and now I find the game to be much better to play. And btw I never go under 15 fps even when there is a huge battle for example I have 450 sla vs 230 high end usa troops no lag at all fps was around 25 fps all the time.

BIS THE US VERSION IS AWSOME THATNKS SO MUCH I AM GOING TO BUY 2 MORE FOR MY OTHERS PC'S

My pc

e660 @ 3.4

8800 GTX

Asus striker

4 gigs of ram 2x2 gig sticks CORSAIR (NEW STUFF REALLY AWSOME)

x-fi sound card

WD raptor 10,000 rpm

windows xp sp 1 and 2 32bit

Quote[/b] ]8800 GTX

Arent you getting lod/texture problems though?

I know I cant play on the north island without all the troops/map looking like a crayola crayon on my 8800GTS.

Not at all the GTX is running awsome, And btw all setting are on high.

If i've had the same ( High End!- )system it would be clear, that Arma runs perfectly. But with less lower specs ArmA runs very crappy in version 1.05 and I don't think that will be changed in version 1.07.

my specs:

7800GT

AMD 3800+ 64

2 GB memory ram

Sorry, I just don't buy what you're saying. I have damn near the same system and my AA runs pretty crappy IMO.

E6700, EVGA 680i mobo, 8800GTX, 2GB RAM, X-Fi, WD Raptor, XP SP2, etc. etc. I do run it in 1920x1200, as I know a lot of people are still running at lower resolutions.

I get the 8000700e error damn near every 30 minutes or so. I consider it a godsend when I can actually play a mission to it's conclusion. I see textures loading slowly right in front of my face close to everywhere I turn. It's almost like they start at the lowest setting and incrementally work their way up to my set level of detail. Trees, vehicles, buildings, everything ends up the same.

I have to have my settings 50/50 on high and normal (save for object detail, which is very high) to make it where I can play without serious stuttering.

To me, this is pretty unacceptable for a top of the line system. I don't know if I should blame it on the poor drivers for the 8800gtx or AA itself, but I hope the next patch (or NVidia driver release) addresses some of these issues.

Well, I have the same system pretty well, and the U.S. version does running amazing for me on all Highest settings. Altho my res of choice is 1024x768x32.  No AA or AF, and low shadows.

I do feel bad for the peeps not having it so good atm. But BIS is known for patching and fixing, just a matter of time.

My pc

e660 @ 3.4

8800 GTX

Asus striker

4 gigs of ram 2x2 gig sticks CORSAIR (NEW STUFF REALLY AWSOME)

x-fi sound card

WD raptor 10,000 rpm

windows xp sp 1 and 2 32bit

Of course it runs awesome on such a rig huh.gif

So what is the reason you share that with us ? Dont we already have enough topics talking about how good/bad ArmA runs ?

I need to stress, even if not the right place here, that nVidia 160.03 driver solved my BSOD issues that I got back with 1.07beta.

So 8800GT? on WinXP users: try this if you have CTD and BSOD!

The odd lowest LOD without textures problem and flickering items will stay - but you can longer look at them :-)

Quote[/b] ]If you are having some probs just buy the US version there is a HUGE difference.

Please don't buy another $50 game to fix your problems when the 1.07 patch will do all those changes for free folks.

1.07beta runs better for me than any previous versions.

I have the US version.

AMD Athalon 4600+

8800 GTS 640 MB

2 GB ram

I have it all on the highest settings but when you add units to south sahrani maps...it goes low lod.

If you go into a large north city...it goes low lod.

It runs great, it just looks bad sometimes.

Anyways, i'll have to wait this out i guess and see what happens.