Sign in to follow this  
bobby budnick

1.07 Dedicated Server Trouble

I'm trying to run a 1.07 dedicated server, but I get this error on startup:
Quote[/b] ]Addon 'Desert' requires addon 'CARoads'

I copied over all the folders from my installed version of Arma with the 1.07 beta folder and tried to run using this line:

Quote[/b] ]c:\Games\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe -mod=beta -config=Dedicated.cfg

Am I doing something wrong?

I also have the Atari download version and get a problem very similar to this. Only it tells me I need 'CAPlants'. If I copy plants.pbo from the original addons to the beta addons I get the error he is describing. Even after copying roads.pbo and all others that it asks for the dedicated server will start without erroring, but will not load any maps. The normal 1.07 beta client works fine.

Additional Information: I have fully uninstalled and then reinstalled and reupdated the game but I get the same problem. I don't get any errors during the install or update.

In another thread, someone said that the readme for the patch mentioned the download version does not work. I can find no such mention in the readme. However, in the community download page it says don't apply the patch to a download version if you are worried about activations. I am not worried about activations, I just want to get the dedicated 1.07 beta server working. So if anyone can post that does have the 1.07 beta server working, particularly with the download version, that would be great.

Thanks for any help.

I am having the same error on the ShackTac server.

We were looking at a 60+ player turnout this weekend for our first ArmA session. We will have a small fraction of that due to being forced to use 1.06 (which a large chunk of our playerbase simply does not have) or 1.05 (same story, except in reverse).

To say that I am a bit pissed off is a massive understatement.

banghead.gif

solution

locate new start link for beta version Launch Arma Beta Patch

make a copy of it

right click on new copy of link and go to properties

edit it to point to your new server.exe

eg for me it was

C:\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe -mod=beta -netlog -config=1.07internet.cfg

use this link to start server

hope this helps

solution

locate new start link for beta version

make a copy of it

right click on new link and go to properties

edit it to point to your new server.exe

eg for me it was

use this link to start server

hope this helps

I believe this issue is specific to the US downloadable version. I've already tried what you suggested and it has no effect.

Iam using the downloaded german version myself

the error I think is due to the start in part of the links properties

I had the same error first time I tried to start my server

Target:

Start in:

C:\ArmA

Sorry this didnt work for you

same deal for me, same error, no maps loading

solution for me (German DVD but this should apply to anyone)

looks like a few replies pointed towards this but just making it a little clearer...

make shortcut for beta\arma_server

right click shortcut, click properties

in Target box: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma\beta\arma_server" -mod=beta -config=server.cfg

in Start in box: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma"

adjust driver letter and/or folder to your setup, but make sure to point to root folder and not beta folder in Start box.

Mosh

edit again:

IT WORKS!!! Thank you all. I don't know if I have ever had to do that before. I am not the Windows master I once was. notworthy.gif

I found the problem,

If you notice when loading the Server you get a message telling you about some thing. Well i looked through and found that it was my desert.pbo and desert.pbo.bi.disgn files that was the problem replaced these with the 1.5 verion files from the main directory and it worked 1st time.

so i sugguest checking the files in the beta/addon's folder have not corupted at all, ei take them from another machine and replace them.

Hope this helps guys. Morticus