Sign in to follow this  
zootia

1.07 beta joystick key auto mapping

Anybody else having this issue? ArmA mapped some useless stuff on my joystick buttons after 1.07 and there seems like there is no way to remove them. For example, it decided to map "next weapon" to my "toggle target" key. So when I'm toggling targets in a harrier or a A10, I switch weapons too. Damn annoying. Joystick button 10, which I use as my VOIP button now brings up the map, so everytime I try to talk, the map pops in my face when I'm flying.

I went in to the options - controls menu to see what was going on. But no joystick keys were assigned to stuff like "next weapon" "map" "Next selection". They just auto assigned them and you cannot even see the assignments in the controls menu and thus cannot disable them.

Anybody else getting this issue?

BTW, Im using a Saitek Cyborg evo. Works fine with 1.05

TS is better suited for this topic.

Same here.

Useless functions assigned to my allready configured joystick keys.

No way change it.

- Logitech Wingman Force 3D

MfG Lee

Initially it was the same for me, as I was using my TM Cougar as a normal joystick only and set up the buttons through the game. Now I've made a profile for it and removed all entries for it from the game controls (with the exception of the axis, of course) and it is again working as it should, as the game sees a pressed button only as the corresponding keyboard input. So if you have a programmable joystick this is one way to overcome this problem.

I guess these problems arose by including the support for the Xbox360 controller - this was also responsible for the problem us W2K users had in even starting the game.

Yea i get this problem, when i try to set buttons one, two or three, it just closes the key selection screen

I can no longer use my game pad to fly and I hate using the keyboard.

There is a bug report so hope it will be fixed for final 107.

According to Suma the problem is caused by the X360 controller support and it will be removed in the final 1.07.

again, see bug report.