Sign in to follow this  
Flasher444

1.07 Cannot create system memory

I've still this error while playing with 1.07, I thought this issues was solved !!!!!

snap015sy8.jpg

for this bug and the others:

In your ArmA.cfg modify the HDRPrecision from 8 to 16

enjoy wink_o.gif

I change from 8 to 16 and I still have the message, a little bit different.

snap016ut0.jpg

I also tried to change it to 32 and I've still the same error and crash to desktop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And still the same problem and message with The new beta patch 1.07.5154. And more often than with the previous 1.07 patch.

Setting my HDR to 16 just made it crash quicker. So I tried setting it to 2(I have no idea what it does) and haven't had that error since. And it doesn't look any different either.

However, not sure if it's related to that(but it might be), my nightvision's screwed up now. It turns on, no problem, and I get the few seconds for my eyes to adjust, except, instead of brightening up the landscape, it remains exactly the same, pitch black but with a green tint.

Same here with Beta 1.07.5157

After flying a couple of minutes i get:

------------------

Cannot create system memory surface DXT5,2048x2048 (size 5592416 B)

Error code 8007000e

------------------

Core2duo E6600

2gig

X1950pro

Asus p5b dlx

x-fi

Vista 32bit

EDIT:

Catalyst 7.4

Happens every time i run Arma, after about 20-40 minutes.

Same here with Beta 1.07.5157

After flying a couple of minutes i get:

------------------

Cannot create system memory surface DXT5,2048x2048 (size 5592416 B)

Error code 8007000e

------------------

Core2duo E6600

2gig

X1950pro

Asus p5b dlx

x-fi

Vista 32bit

I get that error too. Only once and only with the 1.07 beta patch.

I believe I have now tried virtually every combination possible. But perhaps I missed something.

I've tried:

Maxmem = 256 and 512

HDR 8,16,32,64

Drivers 158.18, 160.3 and 158.43 (158.43 lasts longest).

nonlocalvram 0 and whatever default is.

resolution 1280 by 768

Tried most combinations of High and very high for just about all in game settingsj except for AA and post processing which I leave at low. I cannot seem to avoid this crash somewhere between 25 and 45 minutes. banghead.gif

Core2duo E6600

4gig

8800 GTX

Asus Commando

x-fi

Vista 32bit

I just got this error today, after a long play with no issues.

Thought after 1.07hotfix patch everything was fine. Actually cheered for a while. Then when i looked at a APC the game froze and CTD. Then error appeared almost 2 minutes after CTD.

Running

Vista X64

4 gig ram Corsair SLI

Arma 1.07 with hotfix

XFX 8800 GTX   G.Card

P5N32-SLI Premium MB

Pentium E6600 CPU

Samsung 500gig Sata 2 HD

No cmnd lines added, no addons

Also, the game runs good with settings on normal (default settings). If i tried putting it up to max, as i could expect with a 8800 GTX, the game CTD at loading in multiplayer.  banghead.gif

But its getting better, keep up the good work..  thumbs-up.gif

-maxium=512

into the shortcut.

solves that problem it did for me, and then i didnt need it for 1.07.

there is topic about 8700000 in Vista, but i get the same in XP

now i hope it will be good since i downloaded newest DX9C from february, because i was so so so very f*** angry,, cause i couldn't play more than 20 minutes

so i suffered from this so much, i hope new DX9C will work for me

link

I was getting the same problem after turning off shadows all together it went away

Beta Build 5157:

-maxmem=512 or 768 depending on setup has solved it for everyone I know about. Make sure it's written correctly and at the correct position.

Beta Build 5157:

-maxmem=512 or 768 depending on setup has solved it for everyone I know about. Make sure it's written correctly and at the correct position.

Usually it can make the crash occur later, but it is not a fix.

My computer is living proof.

The problem appear to do with VRAM fragmentation if I remember Ondrej correctly.

You can also lower texture detail and AA and any other VRAM-eating feature to make the crash appear later, but for now there is no known fix that will eliminate the problem completely for everyone.

Usually it can make the crash occur later, but it is not a fix.

My computer is living proof.

The problem appear to do with VRAM fragmentation if I remember Ondrej correctly.

You can also lower texture detail and AA and any other VRAM-eating feature to make the crash appear later, but for now there is no known fix that will eliminate the problem completely for everyone.

How long does it take for you then as I can play Multiplayer for ~5 hours straight with different addons etc without getting the error.

In any case it's merely a workaround indeed.

How long does it take for you then as I can play Multiplayer for ~5 hours straight with different addons etc without getting the error.

I can usually play for up to 3-4 hours if I never alt-tab to windows and back.

If I alt-tab 2-3 times it never last more than an hour and a half. Usually closer to 30-60 minutes.

The more I alt-tab the sooner I get the crash error it seems.

Always using maxmem=512.

I have yet to experience a crash when running in windowed mode (8+ hours continously).

I am using patch 1.07 beta fix on two gaming systems. I have 2GB @ 500 with San Diego @ 2.75 and a 6800 Ultra. I also get this problem after 3+ hours even with maxmem=512 with viewdistance at 3000/textures medium. Using maxmem=512 with view distance at default/textures medium it never crashes. My identical system (just with a toledo @ 2.75 and 7900 GT) is pretty much the same way. I just haven't got it to crash with maxmem=512 with view distance at 3000/textures medium yet.

I have been going for 3 days straight now using the -maxmem=512. Game is minimized(alt tabbed) for 10-15 hrs at a time. Before adding it..mine would usually last for at least 6 hrs before the error occurred. But multi alt-tabbing use to cause it to occur with in an hour.

The -maxmem=512 makes it stable for me to, been playing around in the editor for ~4 hours and shut down manually for the first time (always crashed before).

E6600

8800GTS 640mb

2GB

Vista 32bit

1280x768 32

All settings on "Normal"

Confirmed here too. System specs:

Intel C2D E6400

2GB DDR-II

ATI X1950XT-256 PCI-E

Windows Vista Ultimate

Issue disappears when I use the -maxmem=512. Changing the -maxmem to any value greater than 512 will cause the issue to appear fairly rapidly using the ArmA Mark benchtest. The higher the value, the more quickly ArmA Mark will CTD. There also appears to be some relationship between the CTD and using higher graphics settings. I thought it started occurring when I turned my Terrain Texture up to High, but I cannot confirm.

I have this same problem, except instead of a crash I get a total system freeze sad_o.gif

The maxmem command line fixed it for me too.  thumbs-up.gif

But when i put all settings on max, i get a new problem.

The game freezes and i get a yellow triangle icon at bottom right on windows bar. Its not ArmA related tho, cause i get it in most games.

Error: The display driver NVLDDMKM has stopped responding and has been restarted.

Anyone else gotten this error? Any tip on what to not turn up to max?