Sign in to follow this  
Sobric

Better than TrackIR?

The power of the mind

Possible implementations into ArmA? Or would this be suited to a Game 2 environment?

Personally I think a cross between X-men powers and the Matrix would be the most realistic interpretation.

Thanks for posting I had no idea they where even taking the first real steps into this technology. I thought the reporters estimate that this may appear in games within a year a bit optimistic however in 5 years or so who knows. Thats still earlier then expected in my book.

I should start training myself now I suppose not to allow my mind to drift to thoughts of "boobehs" while I game. biggrin_o.gif

Joking of course but in all seriousness I'm curious to know what level of concentration would be requiered. I think probably it would take alot in the early examples gradually becoming more refined and less mentally stressful to use later.

Well it is very interesting.

Could bring up personal differences much better than games do currently.

This video was kind of strange, all that I saw was him dragging a car away then towards himself and he died from it :P (or the other guy pushed it into him not sure) He wasn't like "Okay im going to move the car forward now" and then pushed it forward to show he actually did have some kind of control over the sense of direction it went, it seemed kind of like it picked up an electrical impulse then moved just somewhere.

They were making it out like it was their game, The engine they were using was the Source engine, and the models, animations, textures, etc were all from Half Life 2 like it was some kind of mod they did. Kind of weird and dodgy. (Maybe they licensed the source engine, but I doubt it)

Not really that impressed, yet.

Yeah, interesting stuff!

I would be very keen to see where this technology could lead. Who knows, in future games we may even be able to manifest whatever our imaginations can muster to kill the enemy.

*imagines scenario* "you sir, are walking along there...just walking along and you don't realise it yet but you're being followed. You're being followed by a...a 12ft....GORILLA! A 12ft PURPLE GORRILLA with...with...a nasty temper...a WRETCHED TEMPER AND A RUSTY CHAINSAW! Yeah, that's what's behind ya!" biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

This video was kind of strange, all that I saw was him dragging a car away then towards himself and he died from it :P (or the other guy pushed it into him not sure) He wasn't like "Okay im going to move the car forward now" and then pushed it forward to show he actually did have some kind of control over the sense of direction it went, it seemed kind of like it picked up an electrical impulse then moved just somewhere.

They were making it out like it was their game, The engine they were using was the Source engine, and the models, animations, textures, etc were all from Half Life 2 like it was some kind of mod they did. Kind of weird and dodgy. (Maybe they licensed the source engine, but I doubt it)

Not really that impressed, yet.

Yeahh maybe the engine and physics are from source and they are using havoc. I think the main achievemnt of this stuff is that you can use it to grab objects. And the moving around was made with the mouse or the keyboard moving the holder and the thing stayd "locked" until you have concentrated hard enough.

For now it is only a simple 1 command.

but human brain can learn how to stimulate on different thoughts different part of the brain. It can be mapped and then they should only gather the electronic signes that are coming from the different parts of the brain that is stimulated by an ealrier learnt order.

It is the same as using switches with 0-s and 1-s but you use your brain instead of switches and maybe you can combine them in an infinite way.

IMO it is pretty interesting and very forwardlooking thing.