Sign in to follow this  
teargas

Spetsnaz

I remember numerous posts and threads disputing Russian Spetsnaz troops and finally here we are.

I occasionally found the whole book dedicated to history and agenda of this entire issue.

You can read the facts collected and presented by a man formerly being an insider of different Soviet military circles:

Viktor Suvorov. Spetsnaz. The Story Behind the Soviet SAS.

I would not recommend to consider this source as Ultimate Truth Disclosure since the author describes facts of secret spetsnaz (external ops/deep recon) and this book is not an official dossier but a very good and understandable glance of his persona. I would underline, though, INSIDER's glance to spetsnaz.

That spetsnaz you see in OFP by IMHO better be stated as army recon teams or reconaissanse, since they appear to be on the forward edge in battle and have nothing to do with operations in enemy deep rear or external intelligence / saboteur tasks. Actually maybe sometimes smile.gif

Anyway.

A must read.

I don't like the spetz natz. I normally just use normal guys. More fun.

Also, i HATE silenced weapons. they are very very weak. and lame.

The coolest russian guy is the russian pilot. I like his white helmet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Feb. 13 2002,01:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't like the spetz natz. I normally just use normal guys. More fun.<span id='postcolor'>

Are you a girl?

biggrin.gif

P.S. Actually I did not intend to discuss who is cool and why, I just tried to present very interesting and entertaining book. A literature smile.gif You know. Usually, made of paper biggrin.gif For reading.

Aha.

One important comment:

The link in original post is directed to REAL BOOK, as text.

That's not a book store preview, you don't have to buy it.

Just go and read.

This is the way how we Russians handle it biggrin.gif

I would not recommend you to read anythink under name "viktor suvorov" . It like Bill Clinton or Muhhamed Ali will write a book about special operations in vietnam war.

I've read some stuff periviously on Spetsnaz, and the training they go though is unparalelle in its persision and brutality.

Russian Prisoners/Crimials are the live Punching bags for these guys, no joke.

At one point in the training, your drill sargent will twist your arm behind your back, then someone else will flash a knife at you. then you have to choose one of two extremes, to have your arm broken, or two be cut with a knife.

Spetsnaz are the toughest of the tough in my opinion

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I love the Bizon soo accurate and 60 round clip.

<span id='postcolor'>

Don´t fool Urself Silencer, Bizon is the most inaccurate gun in the game. But its a really nice weapon under 100 meters, something to use while guarding the flag on CTF perhaps. But over 200 meters you will have to shoot like 3 mags to hit a guy lying down facing you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Feb. 13 2002,08:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would not recommend you to read anythink under name "viktor suvorov" .<span id='postcolor'>

Who is Viktor Suvorov?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Feb. 13 2002,13:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would not recommend you to read anythink under name "viktor suvorov" .<span id='postcolor'>

Who is Viktor Suvorov?<span id='postcolor'>

Viktor Suvorov isn´t his real name, he´s using a pseudonym as he´s a defected ex Spetsnaz Colonel out of former Soviet. I´ve read his book and it offered very interesting reading. It thouroughly describes the modus operandi of Spetsnaz (Spetsialnoije Naznatjenije = Special Tasking/Mission) and a few things really makes you start believing the SAS and Navy Seals are all a bunch of kindergarden teachers holding hands in comparison, only they aren´t.

For instance, the Spetsnaz used utterly unhuman technics of torture on their prisoners/victims so they were probably trained under the harshest and hardiest conditions possible to make the soldiers emotionally "numb". Their actual training was very tough and dangerous not to mention that 13 feet wide ditch with spikes on the bottom that they used for recreation; Those who daren´t jump over it were cowards and wouldn´t be around for long.

They had very peculiar ways of disabling fighter aircraft at enemy air bases; they used a weapon called Strela Bloc, it was essentially a modified Strela2 used as a mine/booby trap and placed in the vicinity of NMY air strips. It was triggered by the vibration characterisitics of an afterburner and....BOOM. Picture the pilots expression as the incoming missile klaxon goes crazy after a few hundred feets of roll-out =)

I strongly recommend that book as it tells you about the Spetsnaz as a whole, the missions and how they in cooperation with the KGB infiltrate the west, and how they prepare prior to war situations. Very immensive reading, I promise. =)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Feb. 13 2002,15:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I love the Bizon soo accurate and 60 round clip.

<span id='postcolor'>

Don´t fool Urself Silencer, Bizon is the most inaccurate gun in the game. But its a really nice weapon under 100 meters, something to use while guarding the flag on CTF perhaps. But over 200 meters you will have to shoot like 3 mags to hit a guy lying down facing you.<span id='postcolor'>

Bizon is submashine gun.

In fact, it shots pistol bullets.

Try to compare it to UZI or compact HK MP5.

According to your manner, I could propose most inaccurate weapon in the game is SCUD. Aha.

It naturally never hits anything.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Feb. 13 2002,09:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would not recommend you to read anythink under name "viktor suvorov" . It like Bill Clinton or Muhhamed Ali will write a book about special operations in vietnam war.<span id='postcolor'>

He has been there, bro.

I mean, Suvorov has <span style='color:red'>participated</span> in spetsnaz training and passed some training there although not as for primary carreer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (teargas @ Feb. 12 2002,22:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't like the spetz natz. I normally just use normal guys. More fun.<span id='postcolor'>

Are you a girl?

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

no.

pretty interesting i must say, i ecspecially like the part on the theroy on how spetsnatz's role would be played in a possible WWIII