Sign in to follow this  
FloydATC

Bridges of Delores - AT launcher useless

OK I blow the bridge and pick up the AT4 launcher and half a dozen rockets. Now, I've tried this mission atleast fifty times, with the same result every time; I have an arnor unit square in my sights, no obstructions, I aim just above the base of the turret and squeeze off. The rocket goes off and explodes SOMEWHERE and there's no damage. Anywhere.

I just don't get it.

I can lob off 6 rockets at the same target, and it's still completely unharmed, oblivious to my existence. This is so frustrating, I'm seriously considering taking the game back to the shop, something I have never done in my 15 years of gaming experience.

Is it me? Is it the game? WHAT?? banghead.gif

Try test firing in the mission editor by placing an AT soldier and some trucks to see whether or not it's just your aiming that's off. Also, remember that the position in which you hit an armoured vehicle affects how much damage it will do, try aiming for the back of the vehicle.

If the rockets are just flying off in random directions, this could be a result of FADE, which means the anti-piracy software has been triggered somehow. A reinstall could fix this though I'm not sure. I had a few problems pop up out of nowhere back the the OFP days and a reinstall would usually cure them.

Addons can ometimes cause random problems as well, so try clearing out your addons folder if you've put anything in there.

I can blow up trucks just fine, so I don't think my aim is THAT off, and I have been able to take out a couple of BMPs. The T72s however... no way. Above, from behind, up the tail pipe or even the belly of one that's tipped over due to one of the numerous silly physics issues.. it doesn't matter. I think the game simply screwed up and issued practice rockets by mistake.

After another 20 attempts or so I ended up with 3 T72s that seemed to have lost all sense of purpose, pounded one of them a few times so the crew bailed out and got gunned down by friendlies. Then I stole their tank and blew up the other two.

Perhaps the AI took pity on me and decided to give me a break, I dunno...

It sounds like your aims off, i've done the same thing and wondered "wtf why didnt that bmp gp boom!??"

I found that you have to cover the entire target with the sight to get a hit. If youi line it up correctly then the missile falls short

Quote[/b] ]you have to cover the entire target with the sight to get a hit. If youi line it up correctly then the missile falls short
This seems to be true even for shorter ranges.

You are running the latest patch right? If not you could always wait untill Monday when the 1.08 is released.