Sign in to follow this  
Munky

Multiple Joysticks

AXR, can you use your G25 pedals in Arma? Analog or digital? And do you have an option for forcing your G25 pedals to only one axis? Thanks..

Well, got _most_ of my problem fixed...

Now I'm left with getting the POV hats working, and the other 16 buttons (Anyone know why PPJoyJoy only allows you to select 16?)

why its doesnt have more than 16 buttons? because its a program that was developed awhile ago, and is no longer being updated. when it was being developed there was never a need for more than 8 axes or 16 buttons.

i e-mailed the creators of ppjoy and ppjoyjoy and each said that if drivers were available, the GUI could be changed and axes could be increased rather easily. however neither is planning on releasing an update.

EDIT: btw if you have a seperate program for your joystick use that to map your buttons [like saitek for example has thier programming software] same with the POV's.

Ahh. I just found it odd that PPJoy will allow you to select 32 buttons, but PPJoyJoy will only allow you to map 16.

I'll just have to see what sort of comprimise I can come to.

Turman...yes I use each pedal of the G-25 in analog for driving and for flight rudder/tail rotor control. Clutch and Gas pedal for left and right rudder and then the brake pedal is just the brake/reverse. Obviously the wheel itself is also used as an analog axis too. I don't run any OEM profiler software in the background for any controller once I have initially used the oem software to load a profile for the button maps. (I only leave ppjoyjoy running and TrackIR)

Since I couldn't post a screen shot I typed out the exact settings I use for ppjoyjoy a few posts up from here. Go to control panel, game controllers and select the advanced tab and make sure preferred device is set to PPJOY Virtual Joystick 1

Also while you are in there click on logitech wheel, properties, settings and make sure you DO NOT check combine pedals

Take your time and you will get it to work pretty easily and go oh now I see what they were talking about. lol

Thanks AXR, I will try something similar to your settings later in the week..

You're so lucky with your G25! icon_rolleyes.gif

No problem Turman. Yes I love the G25...was a little on the expensive side but well worth it for all my race sims not to mention way better driving around in ArmA with a wheel...think any wheel is better than keyboard twitch steering. lol

BTW I also remembered where I found the JoyIDsInstall.exe program to switch joystick IDs around. Go to the wingman team site in the gadgets section. http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm

After all this they will end up making the game work with multiple controllers in 1.08 shortly I hope. Still nice to be able to run it now though.

After all this they will end up making the game work with multiple controllers in 1.08 shortly I hope.  Still nice to be able to run it now though.

Multiple joystick support isn't mentioned the new features announced for the 1.08 patch. I hope for the next one...

About the 1.08 patch:

- Fixed: Some Joystick buttons have fixed function in UI and game..(Do they mean they have fixed this, or is it this way?)

wow_o.gif

Yeah it works!  yay.gif

Trying so many settings and one of them works, with 2 analog pedals!

The result is so good, my heli rides are much smoother now..  notworthy.gif

108 is out and really good for me so far but we still have to do this process. Oh well, I'll live but I did find this program that makes this process to get loaded a whole lot easier. (besides open bottle, pour and drink lol) http://www.tucows.com/preview/324202 Its a batch loading tool for software. It's a little old but works really well.

I can now get to my multi-controller running game with all the controllers in 3 quick steps...after you set up a couple quick batch shortcuts.

1) dbl clk "Game Batch" (loads TrackIR, TouchBuddy server and ArmA 'cause I hate when I forget to turn them on and start the game then have to close for a reload)

2) ALT TAB out of game and plug in my usb hub with n-52, x-52, g-25, and start Touchbuddy server and also start Touchbuddy Client on my laptop that has a touch screen overlay

3) dbl clk "PLUG IN USB CONTROLLERS FIRST Batch"

The n-52 and x-52 auto load their ArmA profiles which I set as default and ppjoyjoy is also set to start with my flight wheel final 4.ini (ArmA profile) by default as well

4) OK 4 to maximize the game...so its 4 ez steps

BTW to auto load the YOUR_Profile.INI in ppjoyjoy just modify the text in the ppjoyjoy shortcut target to point to where the YOUR_Profile.INI is, for example mine looks like this that I copy pasted here:

C:\PPJoyJoy\PPJoyJoy.exe C:\PPJoyJoy\Config\flight wheel final 4.ini (this is all in the target line of the shortcut properties)

Has anyone gotten POV hats to work? I combined a MS sidewinder with a Saitek Graphite (both their own POV hat switches). I'm only using the Saitek Graphite for the pedal axis, I ripped it apart to use one of the potentiometers to make my own pedals. Everything else is mapped to my Sidewinder and works when I go into the control panel except the POV hats.

I've tried setting 1 and 2 POVs in PPJoy, Ive tried to get it to auto detect when I push buttons but it wont, Ive tested in the control panel and I get nothing. I don't know what to do PPJoyJoy doesn't have any settings for the POV hat switch.