Sign in to follow this  
spetznaz14

Does anyone else have this bug?

When I start up the editor and put myself in game with vd 2000m it runs ok although by ok I mean there are still a few lod glitches, flickering textures from time to time (especially when zooming in), but when I increase vd to 4000m almost instantly I get this and then the hdd goes crazy and if I try to go to options the game is frozen on "receiving".

Everything on normal except textures low and shadows high

8800gts 320mb 158.22 drivers XP.

your harddrive needs to load a lot of textures at once when you change it to 4000. This could cause it. Normally when it's finished loading into memory, it should be ok. I think it's most likely your HD that just cannot follow. Any size/buffer/brand of your HD?

your harddrive needs to load a lot of textures at once when you change it to 4000. This could cause it. Normally when it's finished loading into memory, it should be ok. I think it's most likely your HD that just cannot follow. Any size/buffer/brand of your HD?

Hitachi deskstar 320GB sata II 8mb

I'm getting another with 16mb buffer to see if it helps.

I get that, a lot of people get that. Looks like the LOD bug. I have an 8800GTX and used to get that quite a bit.

Are you using the -maxmem=512; command? Whack that into your shortcut and see if it helps. Also, try switching around drivers, there's been a few new releases on Guru3D lately.

looks like problem si Your small video memory

definitely depends on Your visual settings with such viewdistance ...

looks like problem si Your small video memory

definitely depends on Your visual settings with such viewdistance ...

I'm only running at 1280x1024 with most things on normal so really should not have a problem with low video memory.

I disabled the page file and it seems to have worked... though I am not convinced yet I will give it a few long gaming sessions and then conclude whethere this fixed it or not!.

I'm not using that maxmem command because I thought that was only useful when the game ctd?, although when I had it set to 1024 it seemed to use around 1gb where as without the command it only uses like 250-600mb.

Thanks for the replies.

Well it didn't fix it the glitchy textures are back, really shocking this game is on 8800 gfx cards to be honest I give up, I'll try 1.07 patch when its out but I dont hold out much hope of ever getting this game working properly at least in the short term.

banghead.gif

Well it didn't fix it the glitchy textures are back, really shocking this game is on 8800 gfx cards to be honest I give up, I'll try 1.07 patch when its out but I dont hold out much hope of ever getting this game working properly at least in the short term.

banghead.gif

i undestand your feeling.. confused_o.gif

I have fate that bis still fix the game in general.