Sign in to follow this  
valefor

Respawn help needed for noob

Sorry if this topic has been made before, but when i where reading over them i didn't understand a **** as i am new to programming and not really understand much, i wondered if someone could give me a exact way in how to make troops/players to respawn, and i would really enjoy if someone could link up or give an example on how a Description.ext (with respawn) would look when it is complete and working, help.gif

Yeah i think ive done that thing, ive been on that page, typed that in but i dont get it to work, yeah ive called the document: Description.ext, but arma cant seem to be able to read it. since the game dont follow my scripting

The respawn doesn't work in preview mode. You have to make it into single or multiplayer export to see the effects.

Also make sure that the description.ext is in your mission pbo (you'll need depbo and repbo tool for this). I think if you don't supply a respawn marker but enable respawn in the description.ext then I think it puts you on one of the islands.

So i have to "Depbo" the Description.ext into the mission PBO file?

No you have to PUT the "Description.ext" in the mission folder where the "Mission.sqm" is, then go into the editor Save the mission as a "user mission" to set the change with the Description.ext and then save again and "Export to MP Missions or SP Missions". Then go play the map in SP or MP and the respawn will work.

Yeah it's true if you have the files in your editing folder before you export then it'll smash those into the pbo when you export.

1. Make a file called Description.ext and put it in your mission folder there sould be a file called mission.sqm in it.

2. Open it up in a text editor.

3. Put the code in the text editor.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">respawn = RespawnType;

respawndelay=DelayInSeconds;

4. Choose your type of respawn and respawn time.

Types are:

0 or "NONE" = No Respawn

1 or "BIRD" = Respawn as a seagull

2 or "INSTANT" = Respawn just where you died.

3 or "BASE" = Respawn at a basemarker

4 or "GROUP" = respawn in your groups ai.

5 or "SIDE" = respawn in your sides ai.

5. If you take base you will have to place a marker on the location you want your people to respawn, you will have to call them the following:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">respawn_west

respawn_east

respawn_guerrila

respawn_civilian

For the people that didnt played ofp:

West = bluefor

East = opfor

guerrilla = Independent

civilian = civilian

If you make the marker a bigger size like 100 by 100 you will respawn some where in that area.

You can also make more markers for the same side, nameing them

respawn_east1

respawn_east2

etc. will also make a random respawn.

And can I ask the mods to make this topic a sticky since this is asked a lot of times.

The Unknown

Right since its not working i'l tell you how i do it, tell me what that is wrong. I start the game move into the editor make a player(blufor), make a point called Respawn_west i save it to user mission, i go out of the game and into the mission folder, i make a notepad witch i call Description.ext in the description i type respawn=3;

respawndelay=4;

i save the document i start up the game start up the editor exports the mission to multiplayer mission i start a server and starts up the map but when i die or push respawn nothing happends exept that i turn into a seagul....

Respawn_west or respawn_west?

I don't know if it's case sensitive.

Tried both Respawn_west and respawn_west, respawn west and Respawn west

You sure its a marker.

And try reloading the missions first the description file isnt loaded like scripts are its loaded every time you first load up the mission.

respawn=3;

respawndelay=15;

try this, and make sure you have correct markers (respawn_west for west).

For instant respawn type

respawn=2;

respawndelay=15;

It works perfectly, you must do sth wrong.