Sign in to follow this  
1212PDMCDMPPM

server specs

Hello,

do we have any idea of a rough estimate of what is necessary (in term of server ressources) per user ?

I understood somewhere that each AI has to be counted as a player, except for badnwidth I guess.

We play ArmA on LAN next week with friends I wanted to know what you where thinking about this hardware:

sun V20Z, bi opteron 2.4 GHZ, 4 GB RAM, 72 GB SCSI HD

We'll be around 6 to 8 players. Will that be enough for Evolution ? Shall we put the server up to 16 GB RAM (yes, we're lucky, we have the opportunity to do it) or is it just a waste of time/ressources ?

Thanks,

Hello,

do we have any idea of a rough estimate of what is necessary (in term of server ressources) per user ?

I understood somewhere that each AI has to be counted as a player, except for badnwidth I guess.

We play ArmA on LAN next week with friends I wanted to know what you where thinking about this hardware:

sun V20Z, bi opteron 2.4 GHZ, 4 GB RAM, 72 GB SCSI HD

We'll be around 6 to 8 players. Will that be enough for Evolution ? Shall we put the server up to 16 GB RAM (yes, we're lucky, we have the opportunity to do it) or is it just a waste of time/ressources ?

Thanks,

That sounds adequate for 7-8 player evo. Stick with the 4GB.

I use an AMD 3800 2 gig ram as a standalone server for up to 7 plyrs and it works great in a lan environment. Minimal lag even when everyone goes their own way for firefights in Evolution.