Sign in to follow this  
Praetor

Canadian mod?

Is anyone working on a Canadian mod? It shouldn't be that difficult to do given the similarities in equipment used by the Americans and Canadians. CADPAT and MARPAT are essentially the same, just different colour tones, C-series rifles are close to the American standard rifles too.

Would be pretty cool.

G-Wagons and Coyotes would rock. A Leopard tank?

Where did that come from?

Those skins look off.

Have to say the reaction to my posting a request as a new user (who did search before posting, its not exactly the easiest forum to search through for the word "Canadian") has been a little aggressive. I even got a warning in my email. Geez.

Anyways, thanks for the link Ab. Checking it out now, but it doesnt look like its been updated for awhile.

I think its because they may not have access to ArmA over there yet

Sure they do.

I'm in the Ottawa region and I have it. Bought the German version online.

Whats stopping the rest of the community from doing the same? I assumed those who don't own it yet are those who aren't aware of its existance.

Don't worry about it not being updated in a while. We're still working away at it behind the scenes. wink_o.gif

Expect some news soon.

Abs

Quote[/b] ]I assumed those who don't own it yet are those who aren't aware of its existance.

I didnt want the buggy German version.

The game is only playable in my opinion...like now. I'll buy the actual game next week.

I kept hearing bad things about patching a downloaded version and I'd rather have the disks.

CanadianTerror,

I bought the downloaded German version a few months ago and I've encountered no such problems. I guess its no biggy to wait until May first now, but you could have been playing all this time smile_o.gif

Patching was simple as it normally is for any game.

Abs, if you want any help, lemme know.

my msn is vanderzwet at hotmail.com

Abs, if you want any help, lemme know.

Possibly. smile_o.gif

What is it you can do?

Abs

Is anyone working on a Canadian mod? It shouldn't be that difficult to do given the similarities in equipment used by the Americans and Canadians. CADPAT and MARPAT are essentially the same, just different colour tones, C-series rifles are close to the American standard rifles too.

Would be pretty cool.

G-Wagons and Coyotes would rock. A Leopard tank?

As far as I know ONS isn't being developed anymore. the 7CMBG is working on CFMP (Canadian Forces Mod Pack) which is derived from old ONS content upgraded. Currently the mod is only available to unit members but a public release may be sometime soon...who knows. Check out 7cmbg.ca the CFMP has G Wagons, Coyotes, LAV 3's, Leopards, cadpat, C6, C7, C8, C9, M72, Carl Gustav, Browning Hi-Power, CF-188, CH-146 Griffon, etc!!!

aPROxSLASHER

Why in heaven's name would you reply to a question posted five years ago? Don't you think he got the answer by now?

Do not dig up threads older than 4 months. The warning at the top of the page telling you the age of the thread is there for a reason. I strongly suggest you get acquainted with the rules you agreed to two weeks ago.

Closing.

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.