Sign in to follow this  
Rambo-16AAB

Permanent mode

Trying to get permanent more running on a server.

I have permanent=1 in the config, and as per guidence I have player respawn set to "base2" and Min players to zero the the map files.

maps still not running after I leave the server. what an I missing huh.gif?

the mission needs respawn in it.

and the respawn has to be either 'base' or 'instant'.

also, if the mission objectives are meet when the last 'live' body leaves the server it probably ends as well - haven't tested this though. it may only end when you 'forceEnd' though, again dunno, as haven't gotten round to testing...

also, where are you putting the 'persistent=1;' parameter?

it goes in the 'server.cfg' file and not the 'arma.cfg' file.

The persistant switch is in the server config.

the Map has respawn and its set to " Base" with 30 sec delay.

As its a Team v team map, the objectives wont complete if theres no one playing ( no AI on the map ).

Ive tested this by loggin in, starting the mission off and then leaving again without completing any objectives.

hmmm... only thing I can also think of is that it may only work with Coop missions?

Have you tried making the header class in your description.ext file have a 'gameType=Coop;' instead of 'Team'?

Apart from that I can't suggest anything else...

Please post a copy of your server.cfg and description.ext

Make sure you didn't make a mistake like here

Quote[/b] ]The persistant switch is in the server config.

persistent=1;

WOOHOO its working.

Servers called 16AAB AAS maps if anyones interested.

War wolf, why are you calling me Boss ?

Ok, new issue with this game mode.

maps dont end, even when you rech the end trigger. if you rejoin after the end screen comes up at the end of the map, you rejoin at the endscreen.

Question, would a defined map rotation cure that ?

Are you 100% sure the mission isn't at fault Rambo (or some other, box specific thing)?

It should be enabled on Erik_Est Coop Server (mission is still listed as playing with 0 players - but haven't tested rejoining) and missions end normally (confirmed with the super cobra mission and especas commando v3).

No map rotation enabled.

Its doing it with all the missions on that server.

I'll try to explain it again ( as it was late at night last time I wrote this and probably didnt come out as I expected ).

if the mission reaches conclusion, the end screen will come up as it should. Lets say the players depart before loading the map list rather than load another mission , then the next player who joins the server will join at the mission end screen and will need to load the mission list to continue.

so the maps are reaching conclusion, but the servers not continuing unless its prompted to by a user/admin.

You can leave and rejoin a half finished mission and it will be as it was when the last player left it, so in that respect the permanent mode works.

Ok, so the end trigger works, you are sent to the debriefing, but from that point you need to vote or have an admin do his magic to get away from that screen - that's it, yes?

I seem to remember ending up at the mission list after completing the Super Cobra mission though, but I can't say for sure.

Correct, you need an admin or a vote to get away from that screen.

I've seen it work several times without admin present now:

1. Mission ends

2. Timeout timer counts down

3. Mission list displayed after timeout

Not sure if yours or mine result is the norm though, we could use some input from other persistent servers.

Info on this server mode is a bit sparce except for

it needs instant or base respawn.

obviously there more to it than that.

Have ran RTS4 before on our server, and persistent battlefield works fine, have had no problems at all to report. Do you use ArmAtech? I've found its a rather useful tool. Get it from armatech.com I believe if you haven't already.

"You must think in Russian.." or Czech anyway..? Is there any difference for persistence between using your own 'end1, end2, end3 boolean flags, and the original Czech versions of the words, which I can't remember now off the top of my head, but..? If anyone knows this already please tell us, else I dunno what else might be causing this. The triggers set by those variables are the usual 'end1,end2,end3' triggers, activating on all machines, so this should not be the issue..?