Sign in to follow this  
Kristian

BOS project versions2 RELAISED

hey guys, i had a question. How do you open this mission is the editor. I tried loading it in the missions folder but it gives me the error that no player was selected.

I was kinda thinking that...But I will need help building such as city! huh.gif and website, I was thinking that too (lots of thinking) maube this will be some day a HUGE island mod with its own army bu BOS! tounge2.gif (not bad idea, just don't know how to create addons. it is so FREAKING hard huh.gif )

neääh... just kidding with website...

did someone took it seriously? no matter, someday it might exist... the website I mean tounge2.gif

--------------------------------------------------------

hey guys, i had a question. How do you open this mission is the editor. I tried loading it in the missions folder but it gives me the error that no player was selected.

put htere a soldier and then "player" to that soldier...

it can't be hars wink_o.gif

The first one is the best.

Will you be creating more of these editor extra missions (hopefully addon free), because otherwise a website seems kinda useless, but it's a nice idea.

Here's some ideas: You could also make some missions using an editor upgrade addon and make totally new bases or villages using the buildings that come along with the addon. smile_o.gif Some prison camp with high walls, guard towers with spotlights, jails and other stuff would be awesome. New villages with roads and all would be very good too. Or maybe a rebel camp covered with big rocks, which you can possibly even climb to, and trees, or a city, totally ruined by war, with burning and wrecked houses and vehicles' wrecks. Use your imagination! wink_o.gif

I allready have made a big one in 3.1  huh.gif

and more is coming that for sure!!

wink_o.gif

and that prision can be done expect that there is no jails!

well... have to use barracks

BTW: is it hard to transport an addon from ofp to ArmA..?

I was thinking that m2a2 is such a beaty! smile_o.gif

so,useless addon for mission editor.

good work!.

but,Low spec PC at will so laggy stuff.

isnt it?

good news for mission editor. nice! yay.gif

put htere a soldier and then "player" to that soldier...

it can't be hars  wink_o.gif

but the thing is that the mission never loads up in the editor. So i cant add a player unit. BTW this is version 3.1. Did i add this template into the wrong folder?  C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\Missions\Missions. Iv also tried the template folder and C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\Missions and it still gives me the same problem

Right you have the mission.sqm from the rar file?

If No downlaod latest version of BOS

If Yes go to /Mydocuments/ArmA Other Profiles/YOURPROFILE/Missions/

In here right click then go to new>>Folder(should be at top of new box) Name it "BOS.sara" without "" now extract or move the mission.sqm file into that folder.

Now go to editor load sahrani, then load the map called BOS and you should see it.

Hope this helps

StryDa

Big what?

a big base created with editor upgrade.

I have few pictures too!

Congrats on you having your own free website........however it has got some nasty popup of a certain tool most people really dont want to have installed on their computers.

Check your PM's please.

Is it really that hard to find out your self.

If you are whining about 1.7b working with this then you must have the patch.

So load it up, go to sharani and load of the mission. If it works then it is compatible with 1.7b if it doesn't then it isn't.

Didn't think it was that hard to test out - takes a bout 2 minutes at maximum so stop whining and find out your self.

yup, looks like so.  wink_o.gif

---------

BTW:

-What do you think about adding the camonets in Armedassault.info fronside?

Should they be inclued at next relaise?

-What do YOU want BOS 4 to add?

post ideas wink_o.gif

I think the camo nets would be pretty cool but then It may arise the no addons fuss again so probabaly best to leave it out unless you get a majority of people saying put it in.

I would personally like to see improvised bases. Some with very little objects maybe a few sand bags and a few defenses would be quite nice.

How about some bases made in a town. Lots of sand bags on top of buildings with people on guard. Machine guns in a church tower, lots of defenses using windows in buildings as cover etc etc. That would be nice.

Apart from that the latest version contains most bases you could wish for really. Keep up the good work.

it would be cool that you put each base in a different mission example so the mission makers could use them as pattern , at least those situated in the major cities or villages smile_o.gif

ADDONFREE Version please as a wish building Stuff ok but no additional soldiers and Vehicles.

it would be cool that you put each base in a different mission example so the mission makers could use them as pattern , at least those situated in the major cities or villages  smile_o.gif

they don't need it! they can copy and paste those areas what they want!

how do you do it ? copy just an area of the editor ?

edit : ok i found it in the wiki , didn't know it could be done banghead.gif

Great work as usual Kristian, but I'm also longing for the addon-free version. I'd love to be able to play this with the 1.07 patch (but I can't use addons with that because of screwups...) confused_o.gif

oh scheist!

Kristian, we have a problemo!

I was bulding a US base when I got a message that only about 140 troops in one mission is possible! crazy_o.gif

(OFP had 69! rofl.gif )

I am making now... lets call it... BOS 3.1.1.!

(c'mon! I t doesn't make eny sence! rofl.gif )

Ok ok... it is hole new missio, so if U want...

umm lets take capture a flag. two bases but other one is in bos 3.1.1. So problem will be solved with merge!

you just need to merge the base from BOS 3.1 to 3.1.1.!

it is so freaking easy!

-----------------------

hope I didn't scare you!

BTW! BOS team has new member! please welcom:

Justin Kappauf aka jrk9 welcome justin

--------------------------------------- wink_o.gif

what i said , you can make diferent missions for different zones of the map , that way you will never reach the 140 limit wink_o.gif

P.d: i think you should choose carefully the location and direction of the static cannons , how are they called , bullwizers ? some of them are pointing unrealistically ( with houses or hills in front of them ) just a sugestion wink_o.gif