Sign in to follow this  
Stryder

Been out of the loop for a while...

I stopped playing OFP back in 2005 or so if I remember correctly, the longest period of me ever playing a single game (I was one of the originals, I bought it as soon as it came out pretty much). Last I remember this rather interesting mission was made by (somebody, can't remember) involving spetnatz with psychic/levitating powers. Pretty crazy...

On another note... way way way back in the demo days (when there were already tons of mod missions coming out, crazily enough) some guy made this awesome, and very complex mission. I can't remember much, but I knew he was planning on making a second high quality mission under the name of Baptism by Fire (if I remember correctly). Did this person ever finish it? Is he still an active member of the community?

Anyways, I was eagerly awaiting ArmA and was going to purchase it ASAP but then I heard the campaign/missions were terrible (the SP was the main draw for me in OFP). So now I'm going to wait till the port of the OFP campaign is completed + good user made missions/campaigns start coming out.

So... I've decided to install OFP back up again and check out what mods and such are available. A bit of research on my part has turned up the following:

CSLA mod

ECP mod

"Abandoned Armies" mission

Can someone go into detail about what they do? I looked them up but there's so much information out there buried under tons of sites it's hard to find what I want to know.

Basically what I'm looking for are:

AI mods (to improve it, obviously)

Texture mods (if there are any, to improve graphics somewhat)

Sound mods (I watched the ECP teaser trailer and it seems they've added some great new sounds)

And most importantly: high quality missions and campaigns.

If someone could reccommend me the above I'd really appreciate it. Also, the CSLA mod looks very interesting, what specific version do I need to get. Are the missions really good?

I also heard the ECP mod improves AI... will this work in conjunction with the CSLA mod?

Of course, if you know of another mod I should know about, please tell me!

Finally, about ArmA, are there good coop missions yet/in the works?

Thanks, and good to be back.

Stryder , welcome back .

I suggest you FFUR 2007 , it comes with modernization of all weapons , veicles and units of Ofp . It has new texture and new model , it is very good .

Check on www.ffur.net ....

I recommend FFUR2007 too! (Not FFSX2007, personaly I don't like it compared to FFUR2007, although you can check that out too if you like)

Also, if you like Vietnam, theres a mod called Jungle Fever that a group of us play online every now and again if you fancy checking out online play :P

WGL is very realistic but not so nice looking.

ECP doesn't replace units and vehicals. Just effects.

I stopped playing OFP back in 2005 or so if I remember correctly, the longest period of me ever playing a single game (I was one of the originals, I bought it as soon as it came out pretty much). Last I remember this rather interesting mission was made by (somebody, can't remember) involving spetnatz with psychic/levitating powers. Pretty crazy...

Thats way before 2005, i cant remember the name or the author (Devilchaser or something?), i made a hotfix for it a while back so it would work in RES...

It was an awesome mission biggrin_o.gif

Any chance of an upload? sounds interesting tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Stryder @ April 12 2007,07:58)

Thats way before 2005, i cant remember the name or the author (Devilchaser or something?), i made a hotfix for it a while back so it would work in RES...

It was an awesome mission

Sounds like Operation Firelord..OFPEC still has it here:

<a href="http://andrew.nf/OFP/Missions/255_Operation%

20Firelord%20v1.1.zip" target="_blank">link</a>

Or mysite: My Webpage