Sign in to follow this  
vilas

engine/config problem with models

to all people who make addons with own models !

i found one serious BUG of ARMA

if you make cfg_models to your models/addon You must remember that it can cause problems to other people work

in sections must be "zasleh" selection, other way it can cause (as i found today) for example muzzle flash problem as it was caused to my addons

so:

class Default

{

sectionsInherit="";

skeletonName = "";

sections[]={zasleh};

selectionFireAnim = "zasleh";

};

please remeber about this

ARMA engine is defferent than OFP

if your addon for OFP had models class it was only for THIS addon, not other

here if someone forget about zasleh - my weapons don't work !

some people reported me models bugs, so in other addon there can be "zasleh" definition left

ARMA is very *** comparing to OFP :/

Hello Vilas. I noticed this too. All configs are loaded and can be called whenever needed. I can use any other configs even those that come with other add-ons. I just a moment ago modified BMD so that it carries a gun and ammo from your mod. Took about two minutes.

Very easy to use, but things get messed up as add-on makers are working without common guidelines.

I agree it is not a bug it is a feature. It has many uses, but can cause a lot of confusion.

i made previous version of default {}; and than was error message in custom weapons that no entry cfg models default....

without it zasleh not works

Marco-Polo You gave advice on my topic of addons

but it is not working

check those configs you shown

and you will see that your advice not works

Hi cool Stuff Vilas been waching for long time.. (ok that sounded vietnamish..)  crazy_o.gif

Vilas uhm could i please play with your Glock 17?

from your base weapon pack, i went in to have a look & cant make much out of your Seperate config, i take it thats to make things load faster?

not wanting to use it for anything other than for a small lan game with 3 other peep. next week (cops n robers & yes i know a little silly for 25yr olds, but old habits die hard  pistols.gif )

So far i got some better textures for it, (no UVmaps) but im having trouble with config (not my strong point m8)

could you please copy n paste for me a plain pistol config for your glock-17 in a civy that includes the zasleh? prety please, (thats if your ok with me using it? & ill add a read me with your credit to the other guys & wee would sacrafice a Scrumpy Cider in your name)  thumbs-up.gif

no offence if you dont want it messed with yours klindly mike.

p.s did like the FN-1949  biggrin_o.gif  nice bit of kit, & i for one apreciate your atentiont to experimental rifles from history.

uhm yes this is getting gay.. but PpS. have you had any thoughts on trying to get better ballistics in arma through your Packs/mods?

hehe pne verry last thing if i add my models to a custom mod folder i make will that affect any one elses addons still?

UPDATE

thanks for reply over on this thread Vilas ROCKS! Vilas helping with code