Sign in to follow this  
JIN

tick-rate

Hi,

how can i modfie tickrate on arma dedicated server.

i know on AA americas army default it is 20 (<== terribly low)and need to be modified on dedies.

and on css to have great performance its  around 66 and 100.

how can i modifie the thickrate on a dedi arma server.

ive never  read something about tick rate on a config.cfg file

and its quite important like it can avoid lag and desync and also server fps  depending what machine u on and how u config the  tickrate.

do sumone has an idea??

Arma engine is completely different and dunno about ticks. But server-side fps is maxed to 50, if your cpu can handle that. Admin command #monitor <sec> gives you server-side fps.

whats are u with  fps monitoring if u cant modify something to improve it and that on a server is the tick-rate

its not monitor the  server for fps  to then know if u need a better server even if  it have the requirments

with a tickrate  a guy with a lower  server spec  would be able to run it better then someone with a higher server spec that wasnt modified

Run the server with a speedhack rofl.gif

The server "fps" is in effect the maximum tickrate under the current conditions, there's no help setting the limit higher if you can't reach it in the first place.

kk lol

just dont  know what i say... plz

what is a tick rate?huh.gif?

During each tick, the server processes incoming user commands, runs a physical simulation step, checks the game rules, and updates all object states. After simulating a tick, the server decides if any client needs a world update and takes a snapshot of the current world state if necessary. A higher tickrate increases the simulation precision, but also requires more CPU power and available bandwidth on both server and client.

u just cant on ARMA and its not because its different on arma

if u have low specs u should be able to lower it and   u will server better then  someone  with same or better specs with a high tickrate

so if someone has only 10 to 20 fps  he may know he has to change that  tickrate to a lower setting

never ever this can be done automtically if it would be automatically  i wouldnt like  it just because  its like stupid as AI..still i think its missing

its the only performance setting u have   for servers on all kinds  of server aplications... why  not on ArmA