Sign in to follow this  
Sgt.Storm

Libyian Civil War

I'm back on the OFP scene after a year or so being gone.  That doesn't mean I didn't get anything done in those months. I finished both Iraq campaigns as well as a mercenary campaign related to those campaigns. They will released with a conversion mod a friend of mine is working on.  So expect those in the next month or two.  

But I am working on a new project called Heroes of a Forgotten War which will be a series of campaigns released one after another.  The series will depict different soldiers in each in different conflicts some real and some probably most not.  

My first one Chapter 1:  Fires in the Bush takes place in a mass genocide in all of Africa.  The player will control a U.S. special forces operator, a tank gunner, a black hawk crew chief, and a U.S. infantryman.  The game will take place in Libya but may cross over in Tonal(need permission,need some kind of storyline to incorporate).   I have already started work on the campaign and have completed parts of the first mission.

If you are interested on want to learn more please post here and I will gladly assist you as best as I can!!! smile_o.gif

Nice to see that someone is working on a campaign series of missions in an African setting. There has been many dynamic missions made foy Lybia and Afgainstan but they all play about the same. Not to say that they were not good, just too much of the same thing.

Thanks Zuku1 smile_o.gif

I have a couple updates to the story.

The first and major update is the addition of a Chad infantryman who has lost everything.

The second is an update on the story itself

The campaign will take place mainly in Libya and maybe on Tonal. The year is 2011 and a major genocide has sprung across Africa.  The main spark is the genocide of all Chad citizens of Libya.  The main antagonist is General Kazim the dictator.  

You will see the genocide throughout the entire game through the eyes of the characters. You will feel the anger of the characters who have a connection to the war and the country.  You will also see characters trying to understand why they have to fight there.

Expect more info in the future as well as polls that will shape the story.

A couple of small updates,

First off, Tonal will become more of a part of the campaign and because of this I will change the name becuase the Tonal and Libyan ssions will be even.

Don't expect a realistic combat campaign as I am am veering toward a more cinematic action experience something that isn't as touched as much. Don't get me wrong as there are great campaigns and missions but are made for the gamers who love the realistic feel. I am making a campaign which isn't unrealistic but is veered towards a more action cinematic story than a action simulation.

The other update is a list of addons I currently incorporated or will be using.(Please note I must get permission for these addons as of now)

BAS Addons:

Tonal

Little Birds

Black Hawks

Misc Addons

DMA Toyota Wars Mod

Code Blue or Faceplant ACU units

John's SF

JAM 3

Misc Effects (FX to SLX)

Storm Effects(Combat chatter made for the campaign I created it just for this campaign)

I wil be updating this list constantly and by no means is this the full list. This list is just the common addons seen throughout the campaign

Sounds great, but why not use DMA's Libya map, seeing as it's a campaign set in Libya? tounge2.gif

Also, you don't need the addon maker's permission to use their addons in missions. Seriously, that's exactly what they want to see! So many great addons but so little missions is the saying wink_o.gif

Thanks Shashman,

I forgot to post the most major assest. Thanks for reminding me yes I will be using the DMA Libya. I will be using both Tonal and Libya for the campaign.

It seems I can't even keep up with everything since I haven't posted anything for a couple weeks now. I continued my work with my Civil War campaign but more and more I have looked it seems more people are getting Armed Assault and less are engaging in the original.

I have been looking into this and I am thinking of transfering my project to Armed Assault if my rig can even handle it! sad_o.gif I wanted to ask the people if they think I should keep it here on OFP or continue on in ARMA.

Thanks for your support!!! smile_o.gif

Well I still play both and would be happy if you continued this for OFP. I mean you might as well finish it for OFP and then transfer it to ArmA. Not to mention the fact that OFP has lots of mods/addons suited to your campaign and ArmA hasn't.

I actually thought it like that and maybe I should do two versions (when more content is available for ARMA). Thanks ScotchSoldier.

I'm also still playing both and know a lot of people still playing around with OFP and the many mods for it.

It would be a shame if you would drop the OFP version, would like to see more missions on the excellent DMA Libya map. smile_o.gif

I have decided to continue the campaign on OFP, considering what everyone has said and how much work would be scraped. Plus my rig can't handle the beauty tat is ARMA. I will have further updates with a week.

Although I have both, I am looking forward to this on OFP as well!