Sign in to follow this  
Imshi-Yallah

Combat Support Players

why not have  the job to white the toilets

or the clean   the officer new boots and then respawn to be as cool as ur officer just like budha did

as for me if ever obligatory in the army i would love to do dishes

Hell yeah, support roles would be awesome.

For some reason.. my connection is horrible with ArmA. I can play Red Orchestra with a 40 or 50 ping, and with the former, it averages 100+ or so, even on most American servers.

Because of my connection, I try to stay away from combat if possible. I have the most fun ferrying people, resupplying them, being a medic, or doing other support type jobs.

Maybe devise some kind of point system to reward players like that? I hate seeing guys who spend hours transporting men/materiel with negative scores because of TK's or the occasional accident, without any involvement in combat to raise their score.

hello,

@walker: if its so easy making missions, how about you making em for us ?  smile_o.gif  You'd have a grateful audience.

Seriously tho I think we are talking more Support in multiplayer rather than SinglePlayer.

@Imshi-Yallah: I was actually part of a clan, in an awful game called Neocron, which did exactly this (NHS Neocron Health Service). But obviously, we could get in game credits for this, perhaps set up a pay pal service for arma smile_o.gif

Now, I hear Evolution gives points for chopper flying, but im a grunt, so can't confirm that.

If its true, can the script that takes care of that be altered to work with Med 113's, Trucks etc?

Perhaps, (and possibly invoking the wrath of a move thread from the mods) Creating a wishlist here, for scripters/modders to access/implement in their own stuff.

At least if they know what us "carebares" want out of the support side, it'll be easier fro them to make sure their time isnt wasted in progeamming the wrong thing?

My wish list:

1. Points/Rank earned for ferrying troops to/from cbt zone. Perhaps points lost if destroyed enroute whilst carrying troops. (To stop folk "ramboing" into towns, rather than using a safe area to drop off troops)

2.Pick up dead/wounded troops in m113 for transport back to base to be resurrected. Obviously Whilst gaining points/rank.

3.Have Ground crew for supply/rearm of Helos/Tanks/AFVs etc. Rather than  pilots driving around Repair trucks, make it so Support crew can only access repair vehicles etc.

4.Scavenger squads: Perhaps ground crew could gather up weapons and damaged enemy vehicles for "recylcing" into resources for their own force. Again gaining points/rank AND refilling ammo levels at home base.

NOTE: this is a WISH list, i dont know if any of the above is practical or achieveable.

Also it's no aimed at any particular mod/mission, but obviously AirCav/Evo/etc are more slanted to suit this.

Comments? Flames? More Ideas?

Rgds

LoK

One of the best ways i found to learn mission making was to un-pbo other/others missions to see how they do it!

All the info you need is right in there! smile_o.gif

Just start off with the more simpler missions!