Sign in to follow this  
Lawman1965

Re-Enforcement Trigger

I'm trying to build my first mission and I would like to add a trigger that when activated calls 3 seperate units of re-enforcements.

I have added the units to the Tiberia base in the Southern Island and I have added the trigger in Iguana. I have named the 3 units Backup1, backup2 and backup3.

The trigger is an elipse and I want it to activate when Bluefor troops or vehicles enter the elipse area.

How do I do this - do I need a script or do I add something to the trigger or backup units.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rich

Heh, I'll give this a try even though it's been about 18 months since I did any OFP scripting (and even then fairly basic wink_o.gif)

Place some anonymous object (like a palette, bush, invisible helo landing pad etc) where you wish the troops to arrive, give it a name (like Meet1).

In the On Activation field for the trigger, type:

Backup1 DoMove (getPos Meet1);Backup2 DoMove (getPos Meet1);Backup3 DoMove (getPos Meet1)

There's a more efficient way to identify all the units you want to move but this should be the bare bones of your requirement. If the syntax is not quite right, just check each command's reference over at Wiki.

Also, you don't need to use an object to move to if you can either identify a map object (by it's number) or co-ordinates.

The easiest way to do this is to synchronize the "blufor present" trigger with the waypoints for the re-enforcements to wait at. When the trigger activates, the groups will continue on to their next waypoints. You don't need any names or script code.

How do I sync the Trigger and the Waypoint?

Theres actually a tool for that in the editor, on the right. Bottom of the list. Select it and just draw a line between trigger and waypoint.

EDIT: The way syncing works is that the unit(s) will wait at the waypoint until trigger is triggered. So, add a waypoint right at the feet of the reinforcement units and sync that with the trigger, then add another waypoint to the location they are supposed to go after the trigger goes off.

Step 1: Create trigger for reinforcements (e.g blufor present)

Step 2: Create opfor reinforcement group

Step 3: Give opfor group a move waypoint close by (even right ontop of leader) then create however many more waypoints you need to get group into engagement area

Step 4: Click syncronize and click and drag from trigger (step 1) to 1st move waypoint (step 3)

Doing this the group wont move on from the 1st waypoint until the trigger is activated, as stated earlier no need for scripts of any kind.

This also works when groups are mounted in vehicles (or any unit), just sync the vehicles waypoint.

Quote[/b] ]I'm trying to build my first mission and I would like to add a trigger that when activated calls 3 seperate units of re-enforcements.

You could also have them be activated via radio.