Sign in to follow this  
johnwilso007

Sahrani Revolution Mod

i have a idea for a mod that could very possibly begin full construction without the major tools being released.

How about a Armed assault Prequal?

a campaign that follows either a Soldier from a united Sahrani nation under the rule of a king, or a Revolutionist guerilla fighter attempting to form a communist regime.

i think that the units needed to be made would have to be some resistance sort of looking units. and a slight edit of the map removing the demilitarized zone from corazol.

i have a good idea for a more in depth storyline, with a political impact side (im a international politics student:P), and a character development side.

However i suck at addon making. but can put together the missions.

what do people think?

I was thinking of something similiar, a mix between Cuban revolution and North Korea :

A former vice-roy turned into authoritarian king after the indepedence from the british empire is defeated by poor northern farmers asking for land reform.

The northern revolution make the king flee it's everon Castle - burnt to pieces by the people - and flees to the southern part where he has more support thanks to the new oil field encontered. He asks for international help and mediation, and the island cut in two after a US contigent under UN mandate is sent to maintain stability and establish a strategic base in the atlantic.

But then again, as in many revolutions, things changes after a while. The collectivist dream becomes a totalitarian regime in the north, the cupid southern part gets wealthy and more democratic thanks to the newfound prosperity.

But then again everything might not be as black/white as it seems...

i have a idea for a mod that could very possibly begin full construction without the major tools being released.

How about a Armed assault Prequal?...

...However i suck at addon making. but can put together the missions.

what do people think?

Good idea, and they are already plenty of "guerilla like" units by Vilas and LowLand Warriors (among others) to work with.

i being bored and wanting to put off writing a essay about third world coup detats wrote a brief outline of the history of Sahrani and the events leading up to the 1980s revolution. please give it a quick read, it basically goes into the history of Sahrani and how it got to the state in 1981 where i am planning to stage the initial campaign. my goal is at the end of the campaign to have Sahrani in the state that it is in at the beginning of the Armed Assault campaign, and add a explanation to the events surrounding the campaign.

http://rapidshare.com/files/23175209/Sahrani_Revolution.doc.html

thanks for the tips on the Villas addons, i will look into them shortly once i have actually finished the campaign myself:D and i begin development of the first missions.

I agree EricM thats what i am hoping to achieve, hopefully be able to make it much like a Russian American Proxy war fought by insurgents using strategy's similar to those used by Che Guevara in Cuba. Both sides of the conflict are likely to be backed by a West and East forces, like much of the third world and potential communist states were during the cold war. May even do a Bay of pigs style invasion at some point of the campaign. I have lots of ideas, its just forming it into a story line thats the challenge.

Aside from Vilas and Sander's ones here are also addons by Rellikki, gi.Zmol.ia and Mongoose_84 that may fit your purpose (see Stavanger's addon list).

and btw [shameless plug mode] you might also want to add to your campaing some kind of.. well let's say...generic UN peacekeeping force [/shameless plug mode] wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

yeah that would be cool also. they been released?

Yup (I'm ashamed now), under beta version 0.2 here

They have been designed to have a 80s/90s look.

If you prefer different looking (belonging to specific countries) UN soldiers (and vehicles) you might also take a look at Stavanger's addons list.