Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Wav2Lip Issues. Tried everything.. Can't make it

Dragging files into Wav2Lip magically works but the problem I am having is here:

I have two files:

File 1: Wave Sound. 705kbps. 105KB. 1 Second.

File 2: Wave Sound. 1411kbps. 2.6MB 15 Seconds.

File 2 does not convert but file one does. Why? And how do I fix? Is the file too big? Is there a filesize limit with Wav2Lip?

Everything old was deleted due to it being too confusing. So any replys from March 24-April 22 can be disregarded

Thought someone mighta known how to fix it...

Responding to yourself?

Use goldwave (name of a software program) to make your .wav file in the CORRECT format if you suspect your originial .wav making program isn't working and making wav2lip happy. Have you considered that?

There's a complete how-to thread in this forum all about using it - YOU started that thread asking for help, YOU got it, and now here you are making a SECOND thread talking to yourself?

The instructions you were given in that first thread are dead-on accurate, and work great.

I'm trying not to act like a smarty pants or a jerkface here, but your threads of late are frustrating me.

YOUR orignal thread about this exact topic:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=58898

Yes. In which I did exactly as everyone said. Using this Audicity program of course. I went down the list of the old suggestions made by people and nothing worked.

I guess I'm just so used to mass-forums with 150,000+ members that require a new topic everytime something changes. Technically it isn't 'responding to myself', its simply a bump. Example. For that, you are correct. So I guess a Mod and straight up delete this or lock it. Now perhaps we can start yelling at the people who create threads such as "General Question", "I have a problem, and need help", "Simple question"... Since obviously I was an advocate to improper methods of BIS forum usage by right of accidental interpretation of the larger masses constituted by those in mass-forums.

edit: How can you make Goldwave set a file to "mono"...There's dozens of file-format entrys but am unsure as to which I should select.

Hi,

1. Put Wav2Lip.exe in the C:\" directory

2. Drag your .wav files to Wav2Lip.exe

...it's work for fine for me only like that ! smile_o.gif

PS: Wav2Lip work only with .wav files.

Yea...

Well, I tried to let the thread die by saying that I accidentally created two threads when I only need one.

Will a mod please lock this? People keep posting w/o reading the first line in the main post smile_o.gif

I use goldwave for converting.

rofl.gif

I try to run the Wav2Lip file, but nothing happens ( it does not open).

I got my friend to test it too.

he got the same result.

Why does this happen?.

what am i doing wrong?.

I got it from this website.

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/tools.php

Wika,

You don't "run" it, read the instructions.

Make a directory on your C: called c:\wav2lip

Put the wav2lip.exe in that directory

Put your .wav file into that directory

Using "my computer" or whatever windows file manager you use, "drag and drop" YOUR .wav file ON TOP of the wav2lip.exe.

Wait a few seconds, and it will output a .lip file. Then put the .wav back into goldwave, and make an OGG out of it so you can use the .ogg AND the .lip together in ArmA.

Wika,

You don't "run" it, read the instructions.

Make a directory on your C: called c:\wav2lip

Put the wav2lip.exe in that directory

Put your .wav file into that directory

Using "my computer" or whatever windows file manager you use, "drag and drop" YOUR .wav file ON TOP of the wav2lip.exe.

Wait a few seconds, and it will output a .lip file. Then put the .wav back into goldwave, and make an OGG out of it so you can use the .ogg AND the .lip together in ArmA.

OH, so that's how it is.

Thanks matey. smile_o.gif

For some reason I did it again for the 100th time... and after repeating the process 5-7 times on different occasions.. it worked wink_o.gif

One last issue.

I have two files:

File 1: Wave Sound. 705kbps. 105KB. 1 Second.

File 2: Wave Sound. 1411kbps. 2.6MB 15 Seconds.

File 2 does not convert but file one does. Why? And how do I fix? Thx

ok I've made the files & the script..

Now it says "Sound ##### not found".

Where do i stash the files in order to run it Properly?..

Thanks...

I tried my question again.. it's not working.

Wika... Could you make your own thread? It's kinda hard getting help for my question in a thread I created... and then having other people ask their own question. It's going to get too confusing and the thread will drag on forever.

I mean this with due-respect of course.

ok sorry...

It's just so to show people that i've been searching ..

but I will make my own thread too .. smile_o.gif

I edited my main post to save the creation of another thread. My question remains unanswered.

Any help appreciated biggrin_o.gif

hi, i have a problem, i use the W2L and work ok, but in the arma dont work (no sound no lips moving), Victor this work to you???

sorry for mi english. sad_o.gif