Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Anger

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is....

I am building an airbase training map just to get people flying to do various objectives, but mostly to become more familiar with the flying vehicles in the game. Look for name SCE01 Flight Training soon.

My query here is in the process of my editing I had a friend join and they were prevented and this message was the error that showed

Error pic.

Now on a good trial run all I had was 4 jets and 2 spawn markers. I added respawn capability, tested and it worked great.

I then added many other objects to bring life to the airbase and on a test run it failed with the error message as shown in the link

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted."

I could host and play it, but no one could join and that was the message they received. I backed out all the objects in the map leaving just 2 jets and the 2 spawns and still got the error. I have since uninstalled ArmA and reinstalled and will do the project over, but was curious on this message in case it comes up again.

Yes I had some addons, but now that I uninstalled and re-installed on a clean system I am thinking if that was the problem that this will help me isolate it a bit.

Your problem is that you used 3rd party addons, probably the objects you mentioned, are still listed in the mission.sqm in your user folder.

What you need to do is open the mission.sqm in a texteditor and remove all addons listed under addOns[]= and addOnsAuto[]=

Here's an example what I mean:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">version=11;

class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"cacharacters",

"cawheeled",

"caweapons",

"sara",

"camisc",

"CATracked",

"CAAir"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"cacharacters",

"CATracked",

"cawheeled",

"caweapons",

"camisc",

"sara"

};

Change this to:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">version=11;

class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

};

Save it as textfile and then load it in the mission editor. Then save it there and export as MP mission.

Edit: If you use 3rd party addons in your mission, you must make sure the addon is on the server and also every client must have it.

Thank you very much for the reply. I wasn't 100% sure, but should have used a little more common sense. Since I uninstalled, deleted the Arma Folder, then reinstalled with no addons, I should be fine. I will test over the next few days and see what I get.