Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

Ok, still sounds better than the BIS default sound anyway wink_o.gif

If you have been in contact with the person who has made the battlefield mod, I'm sure you have interesting stuff you can learn from him (or from dsylescxy)!! Keep up the good work!

Please refer to my previous post if you can upload or PM that file BTW!

P.S : when are you planning your next update?

Could someone PLEASE explain how to make this mod to work for me step by step? (and i mean like using PowerPoint or Word to do so)

There might be others with same problem

Lower yourselfs to NOOP position

I don`t liki original sounds  :\ help.gif  sad_o.gif

Thank you Thank you Thank you  notworthy.gif

Well, sofad, the BF guy, is a sound techician in the berlin theatre.

He does know alot about sound-editing but nothing about weapons. With me it is vice versa, so we help each other.

I'll ask him if I may upload the sound.

@JKLand: I could explain the stuff, but I might be the wrong person, because my native language is german.

Wait for the 0.15 version, it will be as easy as stealing nukes from iran.

Could anyone please reupload the v0.14 beta? The upload server is not working.. just shows a color in the background and some brainless text at the bottom huh.gif

Thanks a lot.

Well, i've finally got my 1.04 version, so i tried to unstall your pack like i did on my czech version and...unfortunatly, it does not work or maybe i'm just dumb, i tried all the solutions, i certainly forgot one.

No reason there is incompatibility between 1.04 and your mod.

Still working on...stay stunned.

Edit: i finally succeed in running your mod, i do not know what i did before, i'm just dumb...

Btw, about 0.15, do you expect to release it after 1.05 patch? Because i just noticed some "bugs" on 1.04, for exemple: m104 disappears from special us ammo box, same problem for ksvk, 1.04 also improves armour values for tanks, etc...

I guess you are still on a german version (1.02) and you certainly can not test.

After installing the mod, I get a weird error (I only noticed it doing operation Clean Sweep coop) -- right as it starts up it mentions that it can't find AT5_launcher single something. One of the slashes in the path is reversed -- \ instead of / or vice versa. Not sure what it does, though I imagine it makes a quiet AT launcher. Any help? Love the work otherwise, it's the sounds ArmA should have come with. I'm using the sound-only one right now, by the way. I suppose I could change to the full pack and see if it fixes it (the reason I didn't get the full pack is because if it alters the way the guns fundamentally work, then that could be a serious problem in online play -- I already have enough as it is with most of the North American ArmA servers being the 1.02 code and me playing with the UK version!wink_o.gif

This is the specific error, actually: No entry \bin/config.bin/CfgWeapons.AT5LauncherSingle

As Dr. Mojo, PhD, i got this error and it does not make quiet AT launcher, there is "just" no more AT-5 on bmp-2.

Well, that's just normal there are issues between 1.04 and this mod. So, let's wait for 1.05 patch and 0.15.

Yes, I am still on 1.02 german version.

Sorry for the issues, but 1.04 is fully unsupported and never meant to be used with my mod at this state.

Do not be sorry for issues, that's normal, i just could not stand vanilla sounds ^^, and the only issue is at-5, otherwise, your mod works well.

And i see you are still working hard on your mod and progressively adding fantastic stuff: keep it up!

Don't be sorry, Predator! Man, for somebody who says they have no experience with modding PBO's, if your only glitch is something that you will be able to fix in the coming days with the next patch and the rest of it works beautifully, there's not anything you should ever have to be sorry for.

I just wanted you to be aware of what this error was. I've never modded OFP either, so I have no idea how to fix it or how to help you fix it.

For 1.05 patch, I will first create the sound only mod, because this is the easy way.

I have to extract and use the latest config and work through the files (again). But with the additions and changes made by BIS it is the only way to provide the highest quality you all deserve.

I was tearing my hair out the other night because I couldn't download your sound only mod - link seems to be working now albeit slowly.

The vanilla sounds for Armed Assault really do suck hairy monkey bottoms. When I originally played the demo I thought they were just placeholder sounds (i.e. temporary) - then when I got the full game I discovered this was not the case! Imagine how disappointed I was!

Thank you so much for your work on this and keep it coming -you sir are a genius! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Skimbo

I could need donations...you have a used girlfriend or sister at hand?

I also buy parts for custom fitting...**

Seriously, it is nice to have some fans. Fuels the effort to make the mod even better.

Gah!

I cant get the weapon pbo file to extract!

Installed CPBO to use right click functionality but it doesn't do anything. I can create .pbo files but can't extract - only option I get when right clicking a .pbo is select program to open with.

I select cpbo but nothing happens. Any ideas?

P.S. My wife is in the post - beware of a large cardboard box that talks...  biggrin_o.gif

Skimbo

Well, if you use cpbo to pack/unpack pbo files (via context menue or click on the file to open) it should work.

At least that is what the cpbo.exe is supposed to do.

Aye

This is the annoying thing I can pack files to make .pbo's I just can't unpack them for some reason - no option in the right click menu. It only allows me to select 'open with...' then I choose cpbo and nothing happens.

Is there someway to get an extract option in my right click menu? It's the only way I can think it will work.

Don't worry about replying swiftly mate, you're a busy boy with your mod! I'll just have to make do with the crappy standard sounds for the time being...  sad_o.gif

"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Tis sweet and honourable to die for one's country

Skimbo  biggrin_o.gif

I love the mod, looks (and sounds) really cool.

I have version 1.04 but i think i'll wait until you get the 1.05 patch and you manage to get through the configs etc

But seriously keep it up man its good work. thumbs-up.gif

Hello again Mr predator

Is there any chance you could upload the pbo version of your weapon sounds to your download link?

I know the file size will be bigger than a zipped one but it seems it will be the only way I can get my hands on your mod as my cpbo still refuses to give me an extract option in the right click menu.

If its a hassle don't worry mate!

Skimbo

You are talking about 240 MB..no way my webspace can handle that, not to mention my upload speed of just 512 kb/s.

Try using some other ArmA compatible extrator for pbo's. The procedure is the same.

Hi again Predator

I have a new suggestion which should be (AFAIK) easy to implement in the next version of your mod : since you seem to be concentrating mostly on replacing sounds for ArmA, why not add the "Harrier sound mod" to yours? I'm sure it's creator, Zeinger, is open to discussion smile_o.gif

It's more convenient IMO to centralise any sound replacements into one mod instead of several hundred wink_o.gif

Actually, my main concern is the config not the sound.

Sounds are just...ear-candy and should enhance the feel for the weapons I modified.

Crikey!

Didn't realise it'd be somewhere in the region of 240mb!

Will try another pbo program. Thanks for the heads up.

Skimbo

I know this may seem obvious prima facie, but remember to double-click and actually run cbpo.exe so that it'll be associated with the context menu (it'll give you the option to associate) before attempting to extract it.

I'm certainly not calling anybody stupid, but having worked tech support you know 99% of the mistakes people make are stupid mistakes. I could get my second install of ModWarSounds to work because the directory is @ModWarSound -- sans s. Stupid mistake, but we make them.

Further evidence of stupid mistakes: I could NOT get my second install... =/

Aye

No I've tried several times now. I just downloaded winpbo (or whatever it was called) it unpacks them fine.

Now if I could just get predators mod to work using my incompetent skills... thats the REAL trick!

Skimbo