Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

Don't get me wrong, I did not forget anything. I released the mod before 1.07 and the changes that came with it.

And I'd like to be asked before someone changes my configs for public release, even if it is a "fix".

Thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I did not forget anything. I released the mod before 1.07 and the changes that came with it.

And I'd like to be asked before someone changes my configs for public release, even if it is a "fix".

Thanks.

right. i agree.

if you ask me , i will erase the link.

Yes, would be nice if you could delete that link.

Help is appreciated, but I had to change more things to update the mod to 1.07 standards.

Thank you.

I am still working on a release for 1.07.

Keep in mind the Beta of v0.153 is NOT compatible with the current ArmA build !

is the sound only mod one where it changes your default sounds? I want to get one where it changes your sounds without you having to put those specific weapons in a map, just works with all the existing ones...

is the sound only mod one where it changes your default sounds? I want to get one where it changes your sounds without you having to put those specific weapons in a map, just works with all the existing ones...

correct.

smile_o.gif

I'd like to know how you like this GAU-8 sound.

Better than the one in the demo video? I asked someone to give me some high quality sound, don't know if I will get those.

Some germans didn't like the one I currently use. The want it sound deeper, but this would be the case over distance. I want to have the sound to be like it is from up close without the supersonic crackling you hear before the plane flies by.

Better than the one in the demo video? I asked someone to give me some high quality sound, don't know if I will get those.

Some germans didn't like the one I currently use. The want it sound deeper, but this would be the case over distance. I want to have the sound to be like it is from up close without the supersonic crackling you hear before the plane flies by.

Personally, i like the other GAU-8 sound better.

Sounds more similar to this random CAS video I found on YouTube.

That just sounds like pure death.

And in response to the FDF question:

Personally, I like this one better having tried both. I suggest you try both as well and see which one you prefer.

So does this mod work with 1.07? Cam Mcdonald said so in his thread

I don't think that the actual sound of the gau-8 firing in that video is appropriate. It's distorted by speed, distance and compression. It's got all of its high frequencies missing. I think that gau-8 test fire video would be a better source. I'm sure it would sound similar to this one with ArmA's sound processing under certain circumstances.

Having some trouble with getting the Predator's mod to work:

I am using 1.07, but heard that there haven't been any significant problems with using it.

It says:

No Entry bin/config.cpp.ControllerSchemes

Error Compiling PS Specular Alpha

Here is my target line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash -Mod=@ModWar

Damnit this seems like a good mod I'm trying to get to work! Hopefully this makes vehicles a little stronger

this is my line and im not getting any errors, its working fine so far

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;ModWarSound -nosplash

Quote[/b] ]Here is my target line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash -Mod=@ModWar

Yep, you need to run both mods in the one -mod= line, mate.

I made the correction and tried, still the same problem...

Could it be sprocket?

Well I couldn't get the Col's mod to run through the target line either I just put the addon in my addon folder

Please help guys!

Why not try putting all your addons in the same folder together? Just as a try... crazy_o.gif

i didn't put em anywhere else, they are all in the same addon folder, the vanilla ArmA addon folder,

Well, if all your addons are in the addons folder that came with ArmA, why bother having @ModWar in your command line? Take it out and see how you go.

Yes, that sound is more accurate than the one you were using before. That is how it sounds up close, the other one is very nice for over distance, but I think you'd find this to be more accurate over smaller distances. Oh, and great job! Can't wait for the 1.07b release!

Why thank you.

Need to find out, why the 30mm impact is not the one I'd like to be played...Somehow it's a shell detonation sound being played.

I am using the afore-mentioned sound as 2 second burst.

Anything else you feel needs to be changed? Rg will enhance the sounds, so I got some time left to change stuff.

Well, if all your addons are in the addons folder that came with ArmA, why bother having @ModWar in your command line? Take it out and see how you go.

okay so i put the addons in my Arma addons folder, and put the bin file in the bin folder, but I don't know if the mod is working. Should i see a ModWar splash screen? the only thing I notice is the m4's sound different not the m-16's, but I still have rifle tracers, and I thought this mod got rid of those.

Please advise

You put a file in the bin folder? Uh uh - get that ModWar_Cfg.PBO file back into your addon folder. Try now. You shouldn't have any PBO files that didn't come with ArmA in the bin folder.

Well, actually all you have to do is unpack the RAR into your main directory so it should be something like that:

(e.g.: C:\ArmA\ModWarSound\AddOns\ )

There are two pbo files in this folder (ModWar.pbp and ModWar_Cfg.pbo).

Next step is creating a shortcut (or changing an existing one to that:

"\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=beta;ModWarSound"

Works like a charm.