Sign in to follow this  
Törni

Scoring and debriefings

This is complete beginner stuff:

How do I make a text which appears in the end game box. Does the game automatically calculate the point score somehow or can I define more scoring options for example for the objectives completed etc.???

OK. Scoring is at least partially automatic, debriefing is actually part of briefing.html. How about awarding points for completing objectives?

Use player addrating 10000 together with the part of script that makes the objectives complete. You can alter the score amount as you see fit.

Moving to Mission Editing.

You should see the note in the biki about adding min, average and max scores in the briefing.ext, these tell the game what scores are good and what scores aren't good for that particular mission (and how many stars the player gets at the end).

Scores in description.ext

I also really need help with this too!

Must this just be added to the next available line in the description.ext file? (not clear in tut)

MinScore = 0;

AvgScore = 1800;

MaxScore = 7500;

Then it states that I must add "addRating 2000" to define value. (is that the same as how many points will be added/subtracted??)

But where must that be added to? the init line??

The addRating command is used on units, and used to add ratings to that unit, it can be used at any time in the mission, on any unit, and however many times you want. You can add the rating when the unit completes an objective for example, and the units rating is automatically added to for killing enemies and subtracted from for killing friendlies. The player's final rating shows up in the debreifing as their score and is used (along with the information from min/avg/maxScore in the description.ext) to award those stars you see.