Sign in to follow this  
Istari

Cheats in Red Hammer?

Playing Red Hammer and enjoying the improved storyline and cutscenes - great job BIS!

However, I was playing a mission in the middle of the Red Hammer campaign ("Grounded") and basically had all but one objective beaten...

** SPOILERS **

After 90 minutes invested in RL, I had taken down the entire fuel truck base, stolen the fuel truck, refueled the Hip, smashed the first convoy (using up all but 5 rockets, presuming that was the only target in the mission), then picked up the squad. THEN Eagle gives me another armored column to shoot up.

1st, that's not realistic to send a Hip full of troops and armed with rockets against an armored column with a Vulcan, certainly not a 2nd time!

2nd, I was out of 57mm rockets. So I said "screw this, I've all but beaten this mission anyway, let's get on with it"

** END SPOILERS **

and hit SHIFT-MINUS "ENDMISSION" (from the Gamespot site). This worked once before in OFP to finish the mission as a victory and move on, but now it ended the mission with a Failure! Now I'm back to square 1.

Look, I don't want to invest another nearly 2 hours of real life playing this mission again - I all but beat it the first time and want to move on with the story. Does anyone know how to skip forward through this mission in Red Hammer? The Gamespot cheat doesn't appear to work. Any help appreciated,

Chris

Damn you are a shite shot....I don't even know how you could use all those missiles in the amount of time you have to kill em.....

LOL. Tat two missions were the best missions in Red Hammer for me. You're a bad shooter. You have 192 rockets. What else do u need.

Be sure to switch to manual fire. Don't let AI shoot to the targets. He'll waste all rockets.

Mi-17 HIP is the best chopper for this mission. Hind would done worst. It isn't realistic to send a HIP to the battle but don't forget who Dmitri Lukin is. wink.gif

And BTW, Red Hammer was made by Codemasters. You can't expect it to be so realistic as the original one.

What's with the pissing contest around here? Anytime someone asks for help on this forum, they're invariably told to shoot better, try harder, that they suck, etc. Dude, just be nice and help rather than trying to show off how big your rocks are.

Please. I know damn well I had 192 rockets, in truth I sure as hell didn't expect them to ADD another surprise objective to the end of the mission, so I used up the rockets learning how to fly the Hip and having great fun laying waste to the entire column without choosing my shots carefully. Had I known that there was another f---n column, I would have picked my shots and conserved ammo.

Loopy, thanks for the advice on the FAQ, but unfortunately, that's exactly what I tried (SHF-MINUS "ENDMISSION") and it failed me and forced me to start over. It won't let me progress forwards. Has this cheat been disabled for Red Hammer or is there something else to do here?

Chris

I spent hours on this mission. Had to get up and walk away for a while before coming back to try again. I was beginning to think it was un-winnable...

...And then I decided the AI gunner sucked, so I took control myself. But hell, you just don't seem to have enough time to take out the entire column. The bastards will not slow down, and it seemed I only had time to kill two of them before they reached the town. Finally got it by taking out the the Vulcan, then flying in front of the column a ways (about where the target town was), hovering, then just shooting the shit out of everything that moved...Forget locking up on targets. Look for dust plumes, lead off a bit, and ride that fire key like a sewing machine!!!

Just a little bitch about so many games. I REALLY HATE "ARTIFICIAL" DIFFICULTY. I mean, for godsakes, I could fly to the town ahead of the column, get on the ground, and say, "Come on, Meatheads, get in!!!", but they just stand there with their dicks in one hand and a cigarette in the other and look at me. Duhhh!

Anyway, got that off my chest... I understand game restrictions, limitations, yada yada... It just pissed me off cause I couldn't take out the column in time....

P.S. Istari? How the hell did you find time to shoot off ALL of your rockets during the first tank assault? By the time I got my ass over to them, I seemed to have like 60 seconds (probably actually 180...but the tension and all...). I wouldn't have thought you could fire off all those missiles in the time available. Did you just fly over there, and then fire non-stop in their general direction?

"L" well what can I say....I don't come around asking for help when i'm stuck....I fight my way through it....though I have never got stuck enough in flashpoint to quit the game and try again later....

I it's true....I was trying to take down those tanks and I ran out of time before I could even fire half of them....

{update)

No I remember asking what to do in a mission but it wasn't my fault it was a script error...I had killed everything and it still didn't say mission complete...I started over and everything went fine......

The cheat you should use is shift-minus 'savegame'. Then you can just load it up and give it another try without redoing 15 minutes of BS. I've found that this cheat actually makes me enjoy the game more, since I don't get so frustrated.

Just make sure you use the minus key on the numpad, not the other one like I did, which got me even more frustrated. wink.gif

Heres a friendly tip.. fly low and fast and pin point the Vulcan from as far away as u can [using manual fire as always] spam rockets away at the vulcan infront and keep spamming until the damn thing explodes.

Then at ur lesuire u can take out the tanks without being shot at.

Hope this helps... Always take down and dont worry about wasting ammo on Anti-Air vehicles. However dont go wasting too much ammo on vehicles that cant shoot back.

Also its not hard to restart the mission with hindsight and pass it. After all learn from your mistakes.

Another solution: go to avonlady's faq and download the completed redhammer.sqc file she has there. You get a completed campaign so you can play any mission you want. If you only want to skip one mission, just revert back to the mission you want to start with.

i was also struck on this mission for some amount of time, the only way i could complete it was by learning to use chopper properly and not letting AI do the firing.

First up i take vulcan  for obvious reasons   then i head to the place the rest of the tanks are heading to and take them head on, as they are coming down a hill to the lighthouse area , u can fly ur chopper at the same height level as there at then just bombard them with missiles.

The one and only thing I ever let the AI fire is the gun on most choppers....they will do that job better but not missiles.....

Ok guys,

Went back and replayed the mission, using the "Savegame" cheat to save progress along the way. While I didn't need to use the Saved position (as you say, once you know the pattern, it's easier to beat), it was nice to have the security. I was still a little irked over having to redo the entire mission from scratch when I had all but beaten it the first time.

BTW - I used up all the rockets because I was firing solo from the front seat without a copilot - for some reason, the salvos fire +much+ faster than if you are "manual firing" over an AI gunner in the R seat. It's easy to burn through 192 if you're just learning to fly the Hip and chasing tanks across the ground in that mode.

Thanks to all who offered help above. I guess though that there isn't an ENDMISSION cheat for Red Hammer, as you all appear to use only the SAVE cheat alone. Well, I've finished "Assasination" and am off to the next...

Regards,

Istari

Why would anyone end mission?...to cheap......it pisses me off when that's the only cheats there is.....like one game I downloaded not long ago....the damn thing is really hard and I wanted a invincible cheat because it isn't a game I care enough about to take the time needed to go through it without cheatting but anyway the only cheats are view all movies and skip level.....fuck that...i'll view the movies through the game...skip mission?...fuck that shit I want to play the missions......

My problem is that after finishing off the tanks, the newxt way point flashes for a second "pick up Nikolai's Squad" and then turns to "Wait for others" wait for who as I land by the cemetery Nikolai's squad just keeps on standing. Nobody seems to want a ride with me..... mad.gif

I'm stuck on this and have been for two weeks.

I get the chopper into the air, then attack the first lot of tanks, then pick up the squad, then I always get one of the men in the back killed by the vulcan sad.gif

This is doing my head in becuase there are no save points so I have to start from the begining every time sad.gif

for all of you guys having trouble with the missions, any misson, just save your game. once that's done, play a bit longer and find another save point. hit ESC, it should say load in bottom left. Of course you dont wan't load that, it's your old "save". You need a new one. alt+tab outa the game. Go to your OperationFlashpoint\Users\YourName\Saved\campaigns\redhammer folder and delete the save file. you can even rename your saves. That way you can go back to any point in the mission you want.

when you atl+tab back into the game it will still say LOAD, but if you hit ESC twice, the LOAD will now say SAVE. you erased/renamed that save file remember? So the game now thinks you have an availabe save. So rinse and repeat till you get the mission right.

I use this trick to get the bugs out of long missions i'm making. it would suck if your testing something at the end of a 30 min mission and only had one save to get you there.