Sign in to follow this  
CanisDEK

Too many crappy maps

You can await way better missions and map look since Lows 1.02 editor obj update and 3D editor was released smile_o.gif

I miss the old good OFP-R maps like St.pierre and Mokra. Mmmmmmh

New technology do not normally jump start a new eon.

It may surpass the old technology many times and in many ways.

New technology will at the first glance be promising, and people will look at it and they will get ideas in different ways that will improve xyz...

People have to adapt the new technology, they need time to learn it. Before they truly can out compete the last and best products from the previous technology.

The last games for C64, was truly amazing. Programmers did twist every bit of juice out of the machines, and in ways the HW and SW not was buildt or designed for.

Games was still released for DOS long after windows and DirectX was released, etc.

In danger to ruin my point (people do not have to agree with me) It will take time before missions can outshine the last missions made for OFP, when they was based on WGL, BAS, DAC and others amazing addons and scripts, made by skilled programmers who knew the OFP nitty gritty stuff, and not so skilled programmers who could use others concepts and works. Like me smile_o.gif