Sign in to follow this  
Zyperman

Weird boxes coming out of their stomach!

I started ofp and started a game

and the soldiers had some weird boxes coming out of their stomach and in their back they had a bigger box and the whole soldier looks weird

what the hell is that..confused.gif

it was fine before and now suddenly this came.. sad.gif

Anybody who know how to fix this?

I've tried to reinstall ofp, change resolution and some settings, reinstalled new graphics card drivers

weird.jpg

My computer:

Compaq presario 5000

750Mhz

128MB Ram

TNT 2 M64 32MB

I don't know about the box but the face looks like shit.....infact the whole character looks like shit....maybe it's your hardware.....I have a friend that has a shite computer and even though he sets the graphic's the same as mine he says the game never looks as good as it does on mine....

everything was fine before and suddenly they looked like that

It's on full but i have changed it and they still look like shit

Could a addon have caused this maybe? confused.gif

because I have 222 different addons in ofp smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Zyperman @ Feb. 08 2002,14:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could a addon have caused this maybe?  confused.gif

because I have 222 different addons in ofp smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You think?

Why don't you take them out and see....

And why in the hell would you need 222 addons, heck I don't even know if there are that many.

eh....look at it this way.....

no one will comment about your body shaped like a sumo-wrestler when you get shot and killed, or u shoot and kill them.... wink.gif

why not re-installing OFP? Unofficial add-ons might cause reconfiguration in some files, and just deleting unoff-addons won't help if that's the case..

It's not a bug. This is the actual 3d model. Those "boxes" represent 'pockets' that contain stuff (whatever). The reason the 3d models aren't more detailed is simple: it would hurt performance too much, and most of the time in OF you are not standing 1 inch away from another person, but rather dozens of meters, therefore it would be useless to add more polys to the 3d model.

hmmm.. they are not supposed to look like that

they looked much better before

When?

btw, picture this: 1 soldier model = 1000 polys (it's not exact, just trying to make a point), and you have 20 soldiers (10 us, 10 russian). 20*1000=20 000 polys. Now if you want a framerate of 60 fps, then it means your comp needs to process 60*20 000 polys = 1 200 000 polys. Now your comp also needs to process the terrain, sound, AI, etc... Now you understand why dev's can't use excessive amounts of polys. Even if you have a perfect l.o.d. system, you can't use excessive poly counts. That's why they are relatively low poly.

I get the point but are they supposed to look like this?

a.jpg

and I can't remember that they had those weird boxes in there before confused.gif

as I said, those are pockets, filled with "stuff"

Yes they are pockets mate. Anyway my soldiers look the same using 27.30 beta drivers here and the also looked like that with...12.41,21.81,21.83 and 23.11 but there were majot problems with 23.11. The faces should look more detailed though.

I can easily accept the low-poly models, if just their chests didn't poke into their chin - that looks really stupid, like they're wearing a case of beer under their shirt! biggrin.gif