Sign in to follow this  
HAILO

signal.sqf (smoke and flare signals)

BETA v1.0 now released (see first post in this topic). If you could help do some pics that would be awsome. I hope you enjoy it biggrin_o.gif

Will work in..

Join In Progress: Yes

Multi Player: Yes

Single Player: Yes

Respawn: Yes

Note: Flares are used between 19:30 to 04:30.

Know Bugs:

Flare FX throwing a script error.

Added Bonus for you:

I have added some detection scripts to detect the white, red and green smoke granades when thrown. It then replaces the smoke effect as well biggrin_o.gif (try this in the sample mission)

Let me know of any bugs and I will fix them asap, thanks.

Was just wondering what my next script might be, I was thinking of doing a "supplies" drop system that can intergrate with my signals script here.

For example, you call for a supplies drop (can maybe specify a vehicle too). Then a transport heli come along and looks for smoke.

You then have to mark a drop zone with white smoke when the supply chopper is a certain distance from you. If it spots your smoke or flare it will release the cargo for you.

Let me know your ideas chaps and I will see what I can do biggrin_o.gif

@Hailo

Your Idea for your next script sounds awesome and would be a really great assest to the game, certianly for mission editors as this would save time.

I have run your script and i am totally inspired by it and cant wait to use in my sp missions (i dont know how to make MP Missions yet)

If you dont mind me asking how can i get the choppers to come in and pick me up when activating your script is there some type of command that i need to put in the helicopters init field or do i need a script?

Please could you explain to me on how i would do this ?

Sorry just that i am new and am trying to learn

Thanks in advance

Dude this does not make fucking sense banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]

ON ACT. "nil = [] execVM "onPlayerConnected.sqf";",

AXIS A "0", AXIS B "0"

If i paste what u say into ON ACT field or CONDITION field i get this error...

94193944mq6.gif

For fuck sake.

Sorry Mate

I think what he meant by the Axis A "0" & Axis B "0"

Is that the trigger axis is supposed to be 0

in the pic u sent the trigger axis is 50

just tryin to help

Yep thats right biggrin_o.gif

If you need some help there is a example mission called "SignalSystem.Intro" you could "merge" you mission into this or copy the trigger and gamelogic from the example mission. Remember to put all the script files into your mission though wink_o.gif

v1.1 Beta Released. See first post please (chages also listed there).

Here are some pics that might help... (Note: Pics are for v1.1)

Setup_GameLogic.jpgSetup_Trigger.jpg

EnhancedFlareFX.jpgEnhancedSmokeFX.jpg

@Hailo

Your Idea for your next script sounds awesome and would be a really great assest to the game, certianly for mission editors as this would save time.

I have run your script and i am totally inspired by it and cant wait to use in my sp missions (i dont know how to make MP Missions yet)

If you dont mind me asking how can i get the choppers to come in and pick me up when activating your script is there some type of command that i need to put in the helicopters init field or do i need a script?

Please could you explain to me on how i would do this ?

Sorry just that i am new and am trying to learn

Thanks in advance

Howdy...

Ok in v1.1 the custom event scripts now exist in the "events" folder (this is for future work as I like things neat). For what you would like to do I would recomend you do the following...

Hook into the event script called onSignalActivated.sqf with script for a heli to either be created and come to the position of the smoke or flare. The supported array and types are shown below.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Supports: [_type, _pos]

Types: "pickup", "target", "marker"

"pickup" is green, "target" is red and "marker" is white. If you plan to run a mission on MP the AI's locality is on the server and not the clients. You would need to use a condition like so...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

if (local server) then {

// Code to run on the server

};

Now for realism sake doing this in the above will mean the smoke might die out before the chopper arrives. I would recommend you use a radio trigger to call the heli to the area and then you can throw some smoke and the onSignalActivated.sqf event script can execute some code on the server to land the chopper (as it has seen your smoke). If you dont throw smoke it can fly about for a bit and then leave as you did not signal for a pickup for example.

Tip: Set the variable "HLOsDebug = true;" so you can understand when certain events are triggered. Note that the onPlayerConnected.sqf fires off the "signal\init.sqf" straight away so you wont see the debug from the onPlayerConnected.sqf as it happens so fast.

Fantastic smile_o.gif and i see you added "HeliHEmpty" command thumbs-up.gif

@lethal

Greate Smoke effect's thumbs-up.gif

Thank's a lot Guy's.

I also have a revive script in the works from the conversion i started on the PRiME's Respawn Revive script. However others have beaten me to it so my version of that will keep on the back burner until I feel I want to revive the project "so to speak" LOL

But thanks very much for your intrest in my work. It has encouraged me to push it out to this quality. So now you must pay me back with screenshots hehe

Seriously though, I do like seeing what you guys might get upto in your mission building. Some nice action shots would be cool biggrin_o.gif

Some in-game shots by me and some of the guys in =DI= during a MP coop. More screenshots can be found here...

Smoke_InGame3.jpg

Smoke_InGame1.jpg

Smoke_InGame4.jpg

Smoke_InGame8.jpg

Join in progress is not quite as stable as I would like. I will spend some more time making that better before i move onto another script project wink_o.gif

looks great in action smile_o.gif

i'm about to finish up those aircraft particles and might give these a makeover now that i'm more comfortable with it - i'll let you know when i have something for you. if you have any specific things you'd like to see please ask.

I have been considering "branching" my signal script into a enhanced FX script, this means you smoke and other effects can be handled in there. Just need to understand what effects we might be altering and then I can see if its possible to do wink_o.gif