Sign in to follow this  
dirtylarrygb

Triple Head Help

Ok i tried the BOM wiki, says there is support thats all.

I can test it by running it on my system and enjoying the wierd "acid trip" that is viewing triple head on a single monitor.

But how do I actually get it to work on three monitors. Do i need that matrox box, that takes the signal and splits it to three monitors as 3000 width res image? Max res of a 8800 is 2500 so not 100% how that works.

Or can I SLI my 8800 and output to three monitors somehow?

Anyone actually doing it? What do I do?

2 days now, lots of views no replies, anyone running "triple head" arma?

If so, how?

A 3 monitor break out box needed? If so what do people recommend?

I just got it working(Matrox box plus 3 monitors)!!

It friggin' ROCKS!!

Problem though!! (and this pertains to the demo, 'cause that's all I have):

Upon setting up the Multiplayer mission, the book that has your mission briefing is unreadable. The tabs at the top of the pages are all smooshed together. It is impossible to read anything, and although I can click on the links to be taken to that part of the map, I don't know what it says. I can just barely make out the tiny line that changes color upon mouseover.

This is regardless of any(triple head) resolution. If I try to drag the book onto another monitor, it goes, but the cursor becomes that crosshair-thing on the map, but the map, on either outside monitor, isn't rendered.

So, for me, triple head means I can't grab the m136, in the group tab, like I usually do.

Hope this helps, BIS, and I hope, OP, that you don't feel I'm trying to hijack, as you may find this informative also.

Thanks!!

Has anyone got Kegetys's SoftTH to work?

Everytime i start ArmA it loads up into my main monitor as per normal. Switching to triplehead in the options doesnt work as well.

btw i only have two monitors and one gfx card but would like to have the game expand to the second monitor.

Everytime i start ArmA it loads up into my main monitor as per normal. Switching to triplehead in the options doesnt work as well.

You need to select a triplehead resolution from the resolution list.

You need three monitors for it to do anything useful though.

I must have clicked on that option by accident soon after I got the game cause I thought I had broken it. I ended up with a very thin screen down the centre of my monitor! biggrin_o.gif

For two monitors, you'll have to select Span-mode in your Windows desktop properties. Then select that resolution in the game.

The middle of the screen is going to be right between your monitors, though!!

You might be able to compensate for this, a little bit, by shifting the image off-center on each monitor, using the MONITOR's controls.

I think that's the best you can do...That's what I was trying to do, till I found out about the matrox and got my tax refund, lol